Throat mic demo video

I had a couple other troopers try on the neck mic at a con we had this weekend- so come to find out these are very dependent on the size of your neck.  I have a 39cm neck diameter, and it works perfectly.  I had someone with a bigger neck and another trooper with a smaller neck try it on, and we could not get any sound out of it.  

So measure your necks!  You would probably be ok +/- a few cm.   

Edited by Tusken RTT

I'm 38 cm (15 in) and it didn't work for me either.  

The vendor sent me a new one. It just arrived today. I haven't tested it yet. I'll let you know if that's any better. 

My neck is 18 inches and the mic barely goes half way around my neck. I turn it sideways and it almost picks up some voice but it's not very good.

I have to turn the acker up high and then I get really loud static burst and low voice.

I'm super bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add data to the sampling. My neck is 16.25". I finally got around to testing the mic tonight.

Works perfectly with PTT. Without, the mic would pick up swallowing and sniffling (getting over a sinus infection). That would set off the IComm. Going to go PTT now for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to revive this but I noticed part numbers and whatnot have changed on the site.  Is this the one that you guys have ordered? -

http://www.ixradio.com/shop/throat-microphone-with-1-8-3.5mm-plug-for-voice-amplifier-xvtm822d-d35-single-transponder.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 8:10 AM, spyder918 said:

Sorry to revive this but I noticed part numbers and whatnot have changed on the site.  Is this the one that you guys have ordered? -

http://www.ixradio.com/shop/throat-microphone-with-1-8-3.5mm-plug-for-voice-amplifier-xvtm822d-d35-single-transponder.html

Hey Hugh,

Have you tired the throat mic yet? This vendor has made some design changes over the past few years. We are both in the GGG and I am wiling to let you try mine out before you place an order. I believe a few other GGG members are using the throat mic as well. 

Contact me via GGG forum PM or our FB group page.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 11:34 AM, toybiz said:

Hey Hugh,

Have you tired the throat mic yet? This vendor has made some design changes over the past few years. We are both in the GGG and I am wiling to let you try mine out before you place an order. I believe a few other GGG members are using the throat mic as well. 

Contact me via GGG forum PM or our FB group page.

Thanks

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the offer!  But yeah I already ordered it and it finally came a few days ago. 

Haven't really played with it yet...but hope it works out!

Thanks again for the offer though....very cool!