Throat mic demo video

My new throat mic finally came in today!  I think I finally have an alternative to the digging in of the headset into my skull and having to tongue kiss my mic extension into position 100 times a troop.  

Got some GREAT info from my fellow troopers, especially Toybiz in this post-

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28793-my-experience-using-a-throat-mic-and-source-for-a-mic-only-version/

I went with the ixradio dual transponder, 50 bucks.  

http://www.ixradio.com/shop/throat-mic/

Combined it with my go-pro chest harness, aker and icomm.  So NO wires on my armor at all or helmet.  It all hides under my neck seal also.

I did not use the push to talk, this video is on Vox.  

O85SJoX.jpg

35JX0JX.jpg

I will give it the troop test at a laser tag event this Saturday- will give a follow up report!  

• Like 9

That looks and sounds great. Can you share what specific model number you ordered and which vable is being used for the vox only? The website makes it look like the mic cable has the PTT incorporated.

• Like 1

Thanks guys-  it has a standard plug that goes straight into the icomm;  no need for an adapter.  It is the one in the link above with the dual transducer;  you can see the exact model # in the pic.  

FwXqrzT.jpg?1

• Like 2

Awesome find.

I'll be looking for your follow-up/post troop report!

I've grown tired of the wire running from my bucket to my chest plate. :)

• Like 3

I'll be watching your test results. I have an identical setup, but my throat mic is only a single and it stops working when I start sweating under the neck seal...

Thanks for the great info.  I was looking at doing the same setup.  I have tried a few different approaches but I keep having problems with the mic and its placement inside the helmet.  I will be watching for the test results before I make an order.

• Like 1

I was pleasantly surprised about no feedback! Only adjustment I had was to move it up on my throat to find the sweet spot. Running around chasing Rebels during the laser tag should give me a great idea of how this will ultimately work, so me and my fellow troopers will for sure give a post real life troop assessment! Keeping my fingers crossed

• Like 4

That's the go definitely, a throat mic, I need to find one locally and give this a crack as I too am fed up with trying to keep the mic in a correct position and getting my bucket on .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

Excelent review. You should post a link this thread in Toybiz's thread also.

I am going for the exact same setup as this. My go pro harness should be here Thursday.

I ordered the same throat mic from IXRadio, the 3.5mm mic only (no head set) dual transponder XVTM26M35.

How long did it take to come in? I ordered mine  on the 22nd.

• Like 1

Excelent review. You should post a link this thread in Toybiz's thread also.

I am going for the exact same setup as this. My go pro harness should be here Thursday.

I ordered the same throat mic from IXRadio, the 3.5mm mic only (no head set) dual transponder XVTM26M35.

How long did it take to come in? I ordered mine  on the 22nd.

I can't wait to try yours :)

-Eric

• Like 2

That's the go definitely, a throat mic, I need to find one locally and give this a crack as I too am fed up with trying to keep the mic in a correct position and getting my bucket on .

It ships from Singapore. That's more local for you than it is for us here in the US right?

I guess your right, it is closer to me, than it is to you.

I'm all over it, cause it just makes sense.

Thank you Scott for sharing!

Great to see more troopers finding benefits switching over to a throat mic setup!

I was originally told by a seller here that a throat mic wouldn't work with their amp, it didn't make sense to me from an electronics perspective. So after experimenting with about 4 different acustic mics and not being happy with the results, I figured what do I have to loose and plug in a throat mic. The rest is history and here we are... :)

• Like 1

Back at ya Adam- you are a pioneer!  The links you posted for the available mic's that work was a huge save.  I cannot wait until tomorrow to give it a field test.  

For me Eric, I had the Aker volume already set from my last troop with the head mic when I put in the throat mic;  I had to then turn the Aker down some.  Getting to lower the volume some will sure help prevent feedback. 

• Like 1

OK;  results are in after last nights laser tag trooping events against the Rebel scum.  My advice on a throat mic...................

RUN- do not walk- to your wallets and get your credit card and order the mic!  I thought it worked great- I actually forgot it was even there;  at the end of the night I was for sure tired and I sweated a bit (hard to tell;  Fumantroop (Andrew) made me an awesome homemade fan setup so it was like trooping in an eskimo's hut in my helmet), but I did some final voice checks at the end and everyone thought it sounded great.   I did not get even 1 sqauwk of feedback all night.  

I did not have to adjust it once.  It felt so good not dreading taking off my helmet for fear of having to re-set my headset, plus not having anything dig into my scalp or ear was nice I might add......

We got some free printed out photos as a bonus;  one of me of course (to show how the throat mic is hidden  :laugh1: ) and one of our group.  It was a great time and a successful review! Thanks again Adam for putting this idea out there!

shm2Pg5.jpg

lv23nAb.jpg?1

Edited by Tusken RTT
  • Like 4

Very nice after action report. Ordered mine earlier this week and they are out of stock at the moment. Two weeks and they will be back in stock, the website is taking orders though, so you can queue up.