AP Armour with ANH Centurion as Goal - Build Thread

Thanks! I'm not sure. I can measure later, but given where they're sitting and relative to the strap size, I'd say 8-10mm. Let me measure though. That said, I don't believe there is a strict rule on their size. Just type of fastener.

I've been having a little trouble lining up my hardhat liner, any tips? Blue tape just isn't cooperating

First off... not all hard hat liners are created equal. I purchased 2 other liners before I finally found the one that worked. Home Depot $8.

Installation:

1) I found easier to install the liner on your head, with the cut out helmet mounts installed, then put on your bucket. Leaving the eye lens/s out, reach through the eyes with your finger and feel the gap between the return edge of the helmet eyes and the front liner mounts.

2) Remove the liner from your head, place it back in your in the helmet (mounts installed). Center the liner with the bridge between the eyes.  

3) Remembering the gap between the eye return edge and the liner mount, mark the location of the mount edges on the helmet.

4) Remove the liner and remove the front mounts and glue to the helmet. CA glue is the only glue I've had success with. Currently going on 8 months with two buckets with liners, no problems. 

5) After the glue had dried, install your liner in the front two mounts. Mark the location of the rear liner mounts. NOTE: Correctly installed the liner strapping should rest just above the top of the helmet. 

6) Remove the liner and glue the rear mounts. Once dry, install the liner and test. 

10mm for the Chicago screws.

Tony, what do you mean by, "the liner strapping should rest just above the top of the helmet"?  I'm not sure I follow.  Then again, I'm not doing it, but I thought it might be a typo and need clarifying for anyone following those instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

10mm for the Chicago screws.

Tony, what do you mean by, "the liner strapping should rest just above the top of the helmet"?  I'm not sure I follow.  Then again, I'm not doing it, but I thought it might be a typo and need clarifying for anyone following those instructions.

Hey Dan sorry for the late reply, the liner straps should be suspended just above the helmet but not touching it.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this Dan, I'm going to the ESB TK but this thread is super in depth and will help me immensely in my build. Big Brown Box day soon! Also it is worth mentioning that Mark Harrison from AP actually directed me to this very thread!

Cheers and Thank you again!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey folks, I just wanted to say that I haven't been around FISD for a bit (very busy with Garrison stuff, and life in general), but if you're reading this and you have any questions, please feel free to ask here or PM me.  I'll get notified ;)

To answer the super old post from March, that I somehow missed, I got the resin blaster from a seller in Ontario (Canada) called Quest designs.  That wasn't the name at the time, I don't think, but that's how you'll find him now. It's a beautiful blaster, but I don't troop with it much any more.  I switched to a hyperfirm because it's much lighter and can take a lot of punishment (and I punish my kits!!).

Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

How did you get hold of your hyperfirm, Danny? I'm toying with the idea of ordering one, but I've heard inconsistent reports about whether they get stopped by customs here in Canadialand.

I had to use an american Bothan to get it across the border.  You can also ship to one of those boxes in the US and go pick it up! I recommend finding a troop nearby, to make the trip worthwhile, hehehe

It has not been a problem, for anyone I know, bringing it across the border themselves. If you have it in hand (well not literally . . . I reckon you could get shot that way), you simply tell them it's a prop/toy. They are at least trained well enough to know rubber when they see it.

• Like 2