AM 2.0 Chest and Back plates...

So forging back into the TK realm I went with the AM 2.0 kit. My goal is to build straight for Centurion. I know the previous version was ineligible however the newer molds were supposed to address these issues. Below are pics of both pieces. Could you provide me with feedback if these will work now? Thanks in advance!post-14719-0-59117200-1427134889_thumb.jpg

Edited by TK7379

Hi John!Ā  I just went through trying to find out about this as well with my AM 2.0 armor.Ā  It seems that although their new back plate is acceptable all the way to Centurion, sadly the chest plate I received is not, and this comes from the highest authority on the subject.Ā  Yours, however, could be an exception.Ā  There are certain nuances between the one I received and others recently sent out which will make it necessary to replace it to get to the Centurion level.Ā  I am waiting on them to get back to me at this point, but for now, the chest plate is acceptable up to EIB.Ā  I would suggest still going for Centurion, as I did, and perhaps changing the chest plate at a later date, which will be pretty easy.Ā  (Don't forget to order new shoulder bars as wellĀ if you glue them on in the meantime, though)!

At this point, I would wait until you hear from those more experienced than myself before inquiring at Troopergear, though.

I would say no to the shoulder bell replacement, John.Ā  As far as I am aware the only thing that needs to be switched out is the chest plate.

Joseph was talking about the ribbed shoulder straps, not the bells.

Ā 

When you order a new chestplate, don' forget to order new straps, too, because your first ones will be still glued to your old plate.

That was what he meant ...

• Like 2