It's hot in here

On 3/26/2015 at 6:01 AM, Tehcaveman said:

Not a fan of those

My setup

Simple and easy  :duim:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

I used to know Rosenheim pretty well when I was a young Hosenscheisser, as I had an aunt living near there in Bad Aibling.

But this is long gone and was only in the Sommerferien, because I live around 800 km away from Bavaria. Still fond memories. :P

So you should be an "Andreas", when your sister is called Heidi (and yes, you are right, it doesn't get more german than that! :))

The most unusual german heritage outside of Germany I experienced so far, was when we visited the Oktoberfest in Ft. Myers last october.

(We brought along Dirndls for my wife and the daughters and I wore a Krachlederne. Mingling with the german speaking americans and drinking german beer under the hot Florida sun, was the most fun I had in a long time.)

But we should go back to Topic. Sorry guys, it just came over us ...

Won't happen again. :mellow:

Son of a gun

Bad Aibling is were we lived actually ,aunt lived right in Rosenheim.

Small world .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Son of a gun

Bad Aibling is were we lived actually ,aunt lived right in Rosenheim.

Small world .

And yes my father calls me Andreas.

Just wanted to put this out as well

The fans...you want them to blow out..not in...hot air rises...and you lose heat from your head and you have a helmet that traps heat at the top..your exhaust from your mouth is also warm...you want all that out

I have echos fans as well but o also have a fan on top to blow air down....food for thought

• Like 1

Just wanted to put this out as well

The fans...you want them to blow out..not in...hot air rises...and you lose heat from your head and you have a helmet that traps heat at the top..your exhaust from your mouth is also warm...you want all that out

I have echos fans as well but o also have a fan on top to blow air down....food for thought

You are correct in saying heat rises however, if you displace enough of it you can solve multiple concerns. If you position your fans correctly and have enough CFM (cubic feet per minute) overcoming rising/stagnant air is a snap.

Most inlet fans or fan systems are positioned at the front lower section of the helmet, technically behind the vcoder. They sit below the level of your mouth in a area that is MOST likely to draw in cooler/fresher air. This serves multiple purposes, first it assists in cooling your body's temperature by drawing this air across sweat. If your fans are positioned correctly, have enough CFM (air flow), and there's minimal air flow restriction, you can accomplish quite easily.

Second, fresh (non moist) air will assist in keeping your lens defogged. Now this also depends on the ambient air temp but for the sake of argument lets pretend it's a hot, dry day.

Finally and most important in my book, and for the people who use fans, it makes them feel more comfortable.

I personally run very hot, body core temp wise. To remedy this I run 2 inlet and 2 exhaust fans. It works very well. As a matter of fact, after one particular troop I pulled my helmet of and someone 5' away from me commented on how they could feel the air blowing from my helmet. I stay cool and hydrated. 

More food for thought  :duim:

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

question, I have evil boy fans on a bracket I made myself. What other battery options can I use aside from the bulky pack it came with the holds 4 AA's? Cab I hook a 9 volt up to them, I know 4 AA's only equal 6 volts but Ive seen some fans that can run safely at different voltages. 

In the muggy hot Florida weather I've only encountered 1 troop where I wish I had stronger fans but it was also 98 out and with the humidity at almost 100% I doubt any fans would have helped lol.

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2015 at 9:35 PM, Polar said:

question, I have evil boy fans on a bracket I made myself. What other battery options can I use aside from the bulky pack it came with the holds 4 AA's? Cab I hook a 9 volt up to them, I know 4 AA's only equal 6 volts but Ive seen some fans that can run safely at different voltages.

I know some have converted from AA to 9v and have had success. I don't see an issue with it.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Well if the fans are 5VDC (look on the back of the fan), judging by the battery configuration you've mentioned, they probably are, you can use 5VDC portable cell phone chargers to accomplish the same task however, this set up takes some electronic skills on your part, or someone willing to help you.

If you're interested shoot me a PM Brian and I'll go into depth a bit more. 

On 3/26/2015 at 9:50 PM, Tehcaveman said:

In the muggy hot Florida weather I've only encountered 1 troop where I wish I had stronger fans but it was also 98 out and with the humidity at almost 100% I doubt any fans would have helped lol.

Yea humidity is a downer that's for sure. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

While we're on the subject I was born in Germany my dad was with the forces over there, having 3 little boys am used to cleaning all sorts up with baby wipes so nice to know I've got a better use for them instead of backsides . We have ALDI stores in the UK too .Andrew I love your country I have family in Sydney and have also been to Queensland and love it.

• Like 1

We have ALDI in the US as well. BTW, I also make Fan Kits. I am going to be offering them with smaller 9v battery packs soon. I have just been trying to find a reliable supplier to get them in bulk without losing money on the whole deal.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29160-fs-the-original-evilboy-dual-fan-helmet-kits/

Edited by Evilboy
  • Like 2