iLLuSiOnZ_09 ATA Bucket Build (*ATA)

Hey David...great job but I think your ears are attached the wrong way around. As in the right should be the left and vice versa. 

Hans is correct .. the ears are on the wrong sides

IMG_20150108_013903242_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150108_013948084_HDR.jpg

On a positive note .... it looks like you have plenty of material left on the ears to make the switch.

And if that doesnt work .. ATA comes with 2 sets of ears .. Thankfully ...

Ok guys, i think i was able to salvage the ears and make them work on the correct side of the bucket lol...

So i fixed the ears and painted the stripes accordingly.

I believe the bucket is officially completed!

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

Now I can concentrate on the Armor lol...

• Like 1

Ah much better. Great job David.  :duim:

thank you...they were annoying but im glad you guys pointed it out. They fit much nicer and even look more straight now lol...

and naturally makes me feel better that they are on the correct side now  :laugh1:

• Like 1

thank you...they were annoying but im glad you guys pointed it out. They fit much nicer and even look more straight now lol...

and naturally makes me feel better that they are on the correct side now  :laugh1:

As you build your armor be aware there are left and right sides to almost everything as well, even though they may look the same they're not.

Don't hesitate to ask if you're unsure about something.  ;)

Dang it, consider me jealous. Fantastic job and great recovery! Now if I can get my kids to stop acting like Bebe's Kids when I get home, I could focus more time on my build. The past few nights my wife has told me to not even think about touching my build.  :angry:

• Like 1

Dang it, consider me jealous. Fantastic job and great recovery! Now if I can get my kids to stop acting like Bebe's Kids when I get home, I could focus more time on my build. The past few nights my wife has told me to not even think about touching my build.  :angry:

lmfao thats hilarious...yea that will be me soon, my wife is due in 2 months. So i'm trying to get it all done before the baby comes.

anyway,

thanks for the help and support guys.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for posting your inside paint job, my helmet is at about the same stage yours was and i felt i goofed because i already cut the eyes/teeth.

everyone seems to use a blue masking tape and i just have a generic type so maybe i'll overkill on it and add more layers.

thanks for posting your inside paint job, my helmet is at about the same stage yours was and i felt i goofed because i already cut the eyes/teeth.

everyone seems to use a blue masking tape and i just have a generic type so maybe i'll overkill on it and add more layers.

glad to help.

yea i was a bit mad at myself for the same reason, but once i taped it up i felt much better. Although hindsight, doing it first would definitely make it easier lol.

I'm sure any tape "should" work, its just that masking tape is made for that.

Good luck! I'll keep an eye out for your build.