Where to buy squirrel cage fans? What size?

As I understand it, the 'fan of the day' is no longer the PC fan, but squirrel cage fans.  What brand/size does the majority use?  I have soldering and electronic skills, I just need to know what fan to look for.

Hey Eric to answer your question thoroughly there's a couple different ways you can go.

Since you have some electronic skills first ask yourself what type of power supply are you going to use. Most fans sold on Ebay or Amazon (where I buy most of mine) are either 5vdc or 12vdc. Choosing how to power the fans is just as, if not more important that what fans to purchase. 

Second, how do you plan on mounting and switching them on/off, battery pack switch or an alternative? 

If you want to customize your fan system may I suggest Echo's cooling fan kit or just the bracket. In my bucket I have the option to run two fans or four fan simultaneously, all at the push of a button. I also have multiple electronic devices in my buckets. Echo's brackets work perfect for everything I need to do. Though I think his orders are on hold until April, they're well worth the wait.