Legacy Era Joker Squad - Jes Gistang CRL Development

I just made the change now... someone please double check my work. I'm having one of those days.

I'll start working on uploading the higher res photos this afternoon.

I'm not sure about the thermal det wording. I'll try and figure out what's up with that too. 

Thanks for your patience. 

-Eric

Eric, thanks for your efforts, please check the CRL, the statue boots version is the low heel (Version A)  Boot pics and description are in wrong order.

Girls are ordering statue version to Kevin to use with chunky boots, thats wrong, statue version  use low heels 

This is the boot that most of the women are buying to go with the Fem armor. They understand this boot does not have the decorative strip down the front of the toe. Most don't care and will add it on if they want to submit for 501st approvals. 

------------

@ Crow the High heel boots you are offering is too high and too narrow of a heel for the GG Statue look. The flat EVA sole boots with the small heal looks fine for the Comic-book option.

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

@ Crow the High heel boots you are offering is too high and too narrow of a heel for the GG Statue look. The flat EVA sole boots with the small heal looks fine for the Comic-book option.

Kevin W.

Understood, thanks Kevin!!

So the helmet is required, will Jes be made a separate CRL then?

Because we are seeing many femtroopers going around with no bucket, including one that got some folks upset on social media because she was at an official LFL event with no helmet, wearing sunglasses, and looking nothing like Jes.  

All other face characters in legion require a person to attempt to look like said character (wigs, makeup, coloring, etc), so it's odd to be seeing so many random femtroopers walking around with no helmet and not attempting to look like Jes at all.  Us regular TK's can't walk around with out a bucket for the heck of it, especially at an official event.

And all these ones that were approved before this CRL, were they given ok without helmets?  Cause that is quite odd for a face character

So... do you just come here to stir the pot & cause conflict or do you actually want to make this costume for a lady friend?

Edited by TK6682
  • Like 1

Haha, well, this is FISD...

Shannon really enjoys wearing the bucket.  The big nerd takes the bucket on vacations... she loves that damn thing. I have to change the damn fan batteries enough!  She would prefer it stay on most of the time, for the same reason I like to wear mine - so we don't "ruin the magic". 

But she is asked/encouraged (along with the three other Legacy ladies in our Garrison) to forego the helmets in order to reach out to more ladies and young girls.  As I'm sure you're all aware, the reception when these ladies are out is amazing, and little girls go nuts when they see the girls in armor.  "Ruining the magic" becomes better magic when any of them take off their helmet and the kids see it's really a girl in that bucket.  Alternatively, if I took off my bucket the kids would probably run and scream in terror.

Locally, both our GCO and GML are in agreement that the Legacy Armor is positively based on the comics, and the Joker Squad rarely wears their dang helmets, anyway.  In all reality, it's not that much different than how the Rebels conduct themselves in XPs and Jedi.

• Like 3

Shannon really enjoys wearing the bucket.  The big nerd takes the bucket on vacations... she loves that damn thing. I have to change the damn fan batteries enough!  She would prefer it stay on most of the time, for the same reason I like to wear mine - so we don't "ruin the magic". 

But she is asked/encouraged (along with the three other Legacy ladies in our Garrison) to forego the helmets in order to reach out to more ladies and young girls.  As I'm sure you're all aware, the reception when these ladies are out is amazing, and little girls go nuts when they see the girls in armor.  "Ruining the magic" becomes better magic when any of them take off their helmet and the kids see it's really a girl in that bucket.  Alternatively, if I took off my bucket the kids would probably run and scream in terror.

Locally, both our GCO and GML are in agreement that the Legacy Armor is positively based on the comics, and the Joker Squad rarely wears their dang helmets, anyway.  In all reality, it's not that much different than how the Rebels conduct themselves in XPs and Jedi.

Amen. Megan here in FL feels the same way. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Simply Awesome!!!!

So... do you just come here to stir the pot & cause conflict or do you actually want to make this costume for a lady friend?

Do you just keep trying to deflect from the conversation?  All you have done is complain about anything I've said without actually getting involved in a dialogue or offering input.  This is bordering on harassment at this point.

Again why is the helmets not being worn?  Jes is a face character, then why is there an exception being made that no other costume is allowed to have?  ANY other legion approved face character costume requires that the costumer attempt to replicate the look of the character's main attributes, so why is almost every femtrooper running around with no bucket and not even attempting to look like Jes?  If anyone does Mara Jade for example, they need to replicate her hair.  We had a trooper here at Disney who was not allowed to march in his Dooku costume at an official event cause he didn't have enough hair from his balding.  Facial scars and features have to be present via makeup.  Hair must match, etc, its common amongst legion costumes.  Bo Katan can go bucket off, but is required to have the proper hair and accessories, same should apply to Jes simple as that.

If you are a generic femtrooper, bucket on like the rest of us.  If you are Jes, then you should be required to mimic her features like every other face character no?

Because of one event where a squad leader said it was ok to promote females joining, now all femtroopers are going to be exempt from rules that apply to every other legion costume now?  Slippery slope when you start making exemptions for handful of members.  We have countless members who are female who are in costume and required to wear buckets, and many who aren't covered up and they promote the legion just fine every day for over a decade now, so why is legacy exception needed?  All our many female TK legion members should be going around bucket off?  No because they aren't Legacy Armor?  

Edited by PanzerKraken
  • Like 1

I agree with the above which is why I demanded a bucket on rule during my tenure if it should be accepted into FISD ownership. That's been changed now by others but that's outside of my control.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you just keep trying to deflect from the conversation?  All you have done is complain about anything I've said without actually getting involved in a dialogue or offering input.  This is bordering on harassment at this point.

Again why is the helmets not being worn?  Jes is a face character, then why is there an exception being made that no other costume is allowed to have?  ANY other legion approved face character costume requires that the costumer attempt to replicate the look of the character's main attributes, so why is almost every femtrooper running around with no bucket and not even attempting to look like Jes?  If anyone does Mara Jade for example, they need to replicate her hair.  We had a trooper here at Disney who was not allowed to march in his Dooku costume at an official event cause he didn't have enough hair from his balding.  Facial scars and features have to be present via makeup.  Hair must match, etc, its common amongst legion costumes.  Bo Katan can go bucket off, but is required to have the proper hair and accessories, same should apply to Jes simple as that.

If you are a generic femtrooper, bucket on like the rest of us.  If you are Jes, then you should be required to mimic her features like every other face character no?

Because of one event where a squad leader said it was ok to promote females joining, now all femtroopers are going to be exempt from rules that apply to every other legion costume now?  Slippery slope when you start making exemptions for handful of members.  We have countless members who are female who are in costume and required to wear buckets, and many who aren't covered up and they promote the legion just fine every day for over a decade now, so why is legacy exception needed?  All our many female TK legion members should be going around bucket off?  No because they aren't Legacy Armor?  

Harassment? Give me a break. All of your posts here have been combative. You have never offered suggestions, just stated complaints. If I were you, I would consult your CO or the CO of the garrison which allow the Legacy armor sans helmet. I am a feminist and am ALL for showing off the female star wars fans and legionnaires!

• Like 2

The character needs a helmet for approval plain and simple. 

It is up to your local garrison/outpost to decide what events they will and will not allow a legacy trooper to go without a bucket. There is no legion wide rule about wearing your bucket during troop even for an ANH TK. 

As XO of the NEG I know I wouldn't care if our one legacy didn't wear that silly helmet at a troop especially at a con. I would ask that she have it with her though. 

With that said... take your sniping to PM please. It doesn't serve FISD in any way to air it out in the open. 

-Eric

• Like 1

Im with Mike here. In all honesty...... why would any one individual care if a Legacy TK is "out" of her bucket at a Convention (Despite it being a troop or not)? If your local, "Man or woman in charge" green lights it, then don't worry about what doesn't involve you. Do not misunderstand my post. I am stating my opinion here. I am not making any personal attacks. EVERYONE has the right to their own opinion. Cheers guys and gals. Relax and have a beer.

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone!  I was just reading through the CRL and I think I found a small issue with the descriptions of the Thermal Detonator.  For Version A, the CRL indicates in the first bullet that the tube is white, and then later says the tube should be gray.  I think the first bullet needs to be edited to say: "...and include gray tube with white end caps...".

It also says "The thermal detonator has two thin strips approximately 1/8" away form the end caps", which I believe only applies to Version B and not Version A.

Thermal Detonator, Version A 

For 501st approval:

• Shall be attached to the kidney armor (not belt) 1 inch above the top of the belt and include white tube with white end caps and flat panel along the center.
  • The thermal detonator has two thin strips approximately 1/8” away from the end caps.
  • The thermal detonator tube is gray.
  • The thermal detonator end caps and control panel are white. * The thermal detonator is attached without visible attachments.
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/6/2015 at 11:02 AM, Darth Aloha said:

Awesome!

I'll get photo shopping tonight. Then the CRL goes green :)

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric, the chunky boots that I make must to be changed the sole, the injected soles are not more in the market, I am making the soles handcraft, I am using rubber sole antislip,here some pics, is possible eliminate the term rugged  for the soles?

Here the pics of the new chunky boot, more job, more beatiful:

vt4Hs5.jpg
vt48Md.jpg
vt475q.jpg
vt4KkD.jpg
vt4wZ8.jpg
vt4NQP.jpg
vt4VVM.jpg

Edited by crow62