Legacy Era Joker Squad - Jes Gistang CRL Development

Email sent with Grey TD pictures

Brian/Jason: Send them to me and I'll put them up. I'm on a wiki roll today.

Who has the photos of the statue back plate?

And the statue boots?

-Eric

Slowly but surely...

I'm retaking the photos on a black background.  So sorry for the delay - I do want to help get this done :)

Not to be the picky one here but, Stacey was asked months ago to be the CRL for this gear. Were her photos not good enough?

It was her idea to make this armor happen and it was sculpted from her measurements.

Personally, she would consider this a slap in the face... and to be honest, so do I.

Edited by TK6682

Michael, I asked you a month ago to send me photos so I could finish this off.  You flat out told me you were done with it, and that you wouldn't send me the photos.

Shannon and I put a lot of work into this, as well.  Now you want to write off everything that we've done because of credit?  That's a little messed up, as well.

We're going to keep forging ahead here, as the priority for us is getting this CRL to green.

Not to be the picky one here but, Stacey was asked months ago to be the CRL for this gear. Were her photos not good enough?

It was her idea to make this armor happen and it was sculpted from her measurements.

Personally, she would consider this a slap in the face... and to be honest, so do I.

I'm really sorry that she was asked to be the CRL, but got dropped. Unfortunately there was no handoff between Damian and I at all. Any work he had done was left to discovery.

Drew provided a bunch of text and a collection of photos. Meanwhile FISD had also been working on a CRL, with no awareness of Drew's work (and vice-versa). Simultaneously Michael and Britta Capell had ALSO been working on a CRL.

Since nothing was happening here or on the Legion board, no-one knew about the others' work. As a result, a lot of us have duplicated each others effort. It stinks for everyone, but we're trying to move past it.

It was by no means intended as a slight... We just didn't know that had been discussed. We're trying to get this done so that GMLs can approve all of the awesome Legacy troopers, so we're using the first available pictures.

Please accept my apologies and extend them to Stacey as well.

Edited by stormtrooperguy

Michael, I asked you a month ago to send me photos so I could finish this off.  You flat out told me you were done with it, and that you wouldn't send me the photos.

Shannon and I put a lot of work into this, as well.  Now you want to write off everything that we've done because of credit?  That's a little messed up, as well.

We're going to keep forging ahead here, as the priority for us is getting this CRL to green.

Credit? Do you think this is about credit? This is about legion command telling me one thing and doing something totally different. No one is trying to discredit the work that you and all the others have been putting in to make this happen for all of the female members but, why the hell do you think you have female armor in the first place? I told my Stacey months ago she was asked by legion command to be the CRL and she was beside herself.

The group started typing the CRL years ago and was constantly being updated as parts were being created. You asked me to send it to you when it was already posted in the thread as well as sent to legion command. I was asked to RE-SUBMIT the photos, that I had already submitted to legion command, by Eric (Darth Aloha) on April 1st and did so that evening.

Do not sit here and tell me that I refused to send you the photos of my wife after I had already submitted them via the proper chain of command.

I am sorry I cannot visit this forum as frequently as I would like. Like always, I have been busy pushing the legion forward.

EDITED TO CORRECT NAME.

Edited by TK6682

I'm really sorry that she was asked to be the CRL, but got dropped. Unfortunately there was no handoff between Damian and I at all. Any work he had done was left to discovery.

Drew provided a bunch of text and a collection of photos. Meanwhile FISD had also been working on a CRL, with no awareness of Drew's work (and vice-versa). Simultaneously Michael and Britta Capell had ALSO been working on a CRL.

Since nothing was happening here or on the Legion board, no-one knew about the others' work. As a result, a lot of us have duplicated each others effort. It stinks for everyone, but we're trying to move past it.

It was by no means intended as a slight... We just didn't know that had been discussed. We're trying to get this done so that GMLs can approve all of the awesome Legacy troopers, so we're using the first available pictures.

Please accept my apologies and extend them to Stacey as well.

You can apologize to her yourself.

Do not sit here and tell me that I refused to send you the photos of my wife after I had already submitted them via the proper chain of command.

Don't forget: Legion Command (i.e. the LMO) was unceremoniously removed from his position mid-stream. Because Damian chose to work off forum, there was no indication as to what had been happening. Had the work been happening here or on the Legion board, the handoff could have been more seamless. As it was, the proper chain of command was gone.

Taking that further, there wasn't even any clear record of how CRLs were being worked on. When I did it, the detachments uploaded pictures directly... the LMO just reviewed/approved content before locking the document. So, in the absence of a different (documented) method, I resumed the previous way of doing it: Go to the detachments, the subject matter experts, and work there to hash out the particulars.

When I came into the job, we had no detachment affiliation, no work in progress CRL (that anyone in command had access to), and a bunch of Legacy TKs in the approval queue.

Rather than continue one off approvals at the LMO level, I felt it was in everyone's best interest to focus on getting the CRL done so that GMLs could do their job and so that the new TKs could get approved.

Sure, this is awkward for everyone, but really, in light of all the other problems the 501st is having, I think an abundance of excellent CRL models is a pretty good one to have. I would love to see all of us cool off on this... there were misunderstandings. We know that. We acknowlege that. Now we need to do what's best for the Legion, not ourselves: Get a completed CRL online and mark it green so that GMLs can approve troopers, and those troopers can go out and have fun with the Legion!!!

Now we need to do what's best for the Legion, not ourselves: 

This is not about me, so please do not try to make it sound like it is.

This is not about me, so please do not try to make it sound like it is.

I never said it was. I was not even addressing you specifically, other than to apologize for an unintentional slight.

It's not about you. Or Stacey. Or me. Or Damian. Or the members of the detachment working on this CRL.

It's about everyone working together to get a complete CRL up for the GMLs of the Legion. That is, in my mind, the most important thing. That is the thing that is preventing new people from being approved.

As was mentioned earlier, there were no fewer than 3 independant CRL development projects happening for this costume. Lots of wasted effort and disappointment all over. But, we're taking what we can from it and getting the job done.

Here's the statue (original pull) back.  See, E6000 is actually good for something.

--------

May I suggest two corrections/additions to the text?  Changes in red.

Thermal Detonator, Version A 
For 501st approval:

• Shall be attached to the kidney armor (not belt) 1 inch above the top of the belt and include white tube with white end caps and flat panel along the center.
  • The thermal detonator has two thin strips approximately 1/8†away from the end caps.
  • The thermal detonator tube is gray.
  • The thermal detonator end caps and control panel are white. The control panel has a raised pattern as shown.
  • The thermal detonator is attached without visible attachments. 

---------------------

Boots, Version A
For 501st approval:

• Boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
  • The boots have a raised white sole with a larger heel.
  • There shall be a single raised vertical strip running from toe to tongue, approximately 1/3 the width of the shoe.
  • No buckles, laces, or mesh panels shall be visible. 
Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

We submitted Renee's on Feb 16th. But have not heard back (I'm guessing it was part of the backlog).

- Berbs

Edited by Berbs42

We submitted Renee's on Feb 16th. But have not heard back (I'm guessing it was part of the backlog).

- Berbs

I see the submission on the GML board. Ask your GML to quote and bump the request and that should help