Rat

One more from the PNW

Just now getting into seriously looking into armor and costuming in general. I suppose I am a bit of a late bloomer there. I have for as long as I can remember or back to 1977 always had two major fascinations with Star Wars, troopers and Jedi. I thought I'll start with trooper armor as I'm no seamstress.

Welcome to the FISD boards, Rat!  Learn much here, you will, in  the "Getting Started" section... Do lots of research, choose your armor, be prepared to be patient, and ask questions!  All the best in your journey!

Ah thank you all.I spent the better part of work last scouring through posts on the different armors and what's good and whats bad. So much to take in, but I'll get there eventually.

This is true. It's never to late for anything really. ;-)

Ah thank you all.I spent the better part of work last scouring through posts on the different armors and what's good and whats bad. So much to take in, but I'll get there eventually.

Dont be afraid to ask questions as well and what you will learn in this "hobby" is to have patience !

;)

Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Welcome Rat!  Enjoy your time here and don't be afraid to ask whatever questions you may have.  There is a ton of info located on this forum.  Like Joe said above, have patience and research a ton before you make any decisions!  Have fun!

• Like 1

If there is one thing I have learned over my years is I have an abundance of patience.

Hey Rat welcome aboard sir  :salute: 

Ah.. patience, very good word to start off your trooper journey.

If there's anything we can do to help please let us know. 

If I could suggest, head over to the "Getting started" forum. Everything you need to know to get you up and going is there.

So interesting to come back to this initial posting. I've since had a kit on order and had to cancel it. Sad day that was. Though it still moves forward, I've since gotten a rubies blaster and plan on getting another if I can find one for a more extensive mod to it. I've procured some gloves from grease monkey. Received my TKBoots and now waiting on material for a neck seal. So I suppose my patience is still holding and things are slowly going forward.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome aboard

Ah thank you. I've been lurking a lot lately, but I've been slowly gathering supplies and pieces.

Very nice and congrats on the build completion.

Wow, how the time flies one minute you're the green guy the next you know it's three years later, you're approved as a Centurion level, attachè, prepping for kicking off an inaugural event and organizing a merch run. The later of that all happening within 6 months of your basic approval. Then to realize that you've been lurking longer than some of the detatchment/deployment staff. LOL!

The journey has been fun and I expect it only to get better.

Salut future troopers!9897343dca75a348ebc76ce8fce39a29.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

CongRATulations on those awesome milestones and achievements. You are an inspiration for us all.

• Like 2

Looking good Rat. Always great to see a good looking set of armor :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Mark yeah we should all be an inspiration to each other.

Tony thank you and thanks for much advice and help along the  to that good poking kit.

Glad to be of assistance as always. :salute:

• Like 1