HOW TO: Join the 501st Legion as an Imperial Stormtrooper (TK)

Thanks for your answers. Here in Argentina, it´s not possible for all buy an armor made of fiber glass, ABS, HIPS, or PVC. I saw some people wearing whit Eva Foam, but I don´t know if they belong to the 501st. That's why I did my question.

Have you contacted the vendors in the getting started thread to see if they'd ship to you? Try ap armour from Canada or an American vendor...I can't see a problem shipping to Argentina.

• 3 weeks later...

I think point number #6 should mention that many Garrisons have armor building parties. Great event for novice builders to get help with their first builds. So at that point prospective TKs may want to sign up on their local garrison forum to find out when the next armor building party is. I plan to hit up one right after my big brown box shows up. Just my 2cents

Edited by thedaringdragoon
  • Like 1

Vincent,

That is a valid point, but the armor parties are Garrison or Squad business, and while some do them regularly, others are too spread out to facilitate them.  

My intent here was to give everyone a basic level of information and understanding into a simple and common path that many follow when they manage to find the FISD.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I put in a 501st application months ago but have not heard anything back, how long does it usually take and how do I see the status of my application?

Not months. Do you have a finished costume? If no, you cant join until you do so.

If yes but it's not approved then you should contact your local garrison GML with five pictures ...more if costume has specific little things hidden in the whole s/he will need to see...and he will activate you. Presumably you picked five tk id numbers already.

If yes and you've been approved and have a tk id number and can find yourself in the member db on 501st.com then it's all finished.

Which of these applies?

Thanks for your answers. Here in Argentina, it´s not possible for all buy an armor made of fiber glass, ABS, HIPS, or PVC. I saw some people wearing whit Eva Foam, but I don´t know if they belong to the 501st. That's why I did my question.

There are many vendors world wide who will ship to you. Cost may be a factor though. I'd email vendors from the approved list in the getting started area or post in the main 501st for sale forum that you want to buy a stormtrooper shipped to Argentina and would a vendor contact you.

Not months. Do you have a finished costume? If no, you cant join until you do so.

If yes but it's not approved then you should contact your local garrison GML with five pictures ...more if costume has specific little things hidden in the whole s/he will need to see...and he will activate you. Presumably you picked five tk id numbers already.

If yes and you've been approved and have a tk id number and can find yourself in the member db on 501st.com then it's all finished.

Which of these applies?

I have a finished costume, have not sent pictures to anyone. I tried to build it to centurion standards but I'm sure it needs a few tweaks here and there. I picked my five numbers but forgot what they were, heh.

When I sent the application in it said I would be contacted for a picture request, I wasn't aware I needed to send them on my own.

• Like 1

You need to contact your local garrison GML then. You can find that on the 501st.com main page in the garrison list. Locally they will approve the basic costume. Ei and centurion applications are done by the detachment.

Where are you from so we can point you in the right direction?

Edited by sylverbard
  • Like 2

Thanks, Mark.

Braff, as Mark pointed out above, the approval will come by way of your local Garrison Membership Liaison (GML).  Photos will have to be submitted to the GML for approval.  

If you need any help with determining who to submit them to, please let us know, and we'll get you in touch with them.

Best of luck!

You need to contact your local garrison GML then. You can find that on the 501st.com main page in the garrison list. Locally they will approve the basic costume. Ei and centurion applications are done by the detachment.

Where are you from so we can point you in the right direction?

Great post, Mark.. you are doing the Imperial Attache program proud!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm a TI who has recently completed my TFA TK. How do I get full access so I can order trading cards?

ask for 501st access here

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Please enable me for access

You will need to go to this thread, Mike:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/ and include a link to your 501st profile.  Hope this helps, and I look forward to Trooping with you sometime!

You will need to go to this thread, Mike: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/ and include a link to your 501st profile. Hope this helps, and I look forward to Trooping with you sometime!

Thanks! The computer I'm using won't let me copy my link . I'll try later on my home pc.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Hi , this thread (and this forum) have been excellent sources of info for a newbie like me.  Thank you all.  

I am almost ready to pull the trigger, and request membership. I just have a quick question. I am just a bit fuzzy on the step between 10-11.  Once i submit my application on http://www.501st.com/members/join_how.php,  I should wait for a response from the application, rather than immediately send my pictures to the GML, correct?

Just Checking.

Thank you again. 

5 minutes ago, GunSlinger said:

Hi , this thread (and this forum) have been excellent sources of info for a newbie like me.  Thank you all.  

I am almost ready to pull the trigger, and request membership. I just have a quick question. I am just a bit fuzzy on the step between 10-11.  Once i submit my application on http://www.501st.com/members/join_how.php,  I should wait for a response from the application, rather than immediately send my pictures to the GML, correct?

Just Checking.

Thank you again. 

It depends on the garrison.  In mine - and we are like the 15th biggest with 175 members - it doesn't really matter.  As long as they are both done w/in 24 hours. If people send us pix first and they look good, we tell them to fill out the app.  if they fill out the app first, they get the standard email from us a GMLs, e.g. asking if they need help, etc.

I would also add (if someone has already then I second it)- check out the EIB and Centurion applications for those with your armor maker.  Tons of close-up shots for all those details, and if they've been approved, then you know they're fine to emulate.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Slowly getting decisions made for my build, but was hoping to talk to some of the members during Comic Con in Toronto next week but sent an e-mail to the GML awhile back but have not heard anything......I had sent two other e-mails before that then I notice GML had changed or had the wrong e-mail but either way 3 e-mails and zero response!

25 minutes ago, Staffa359 said:

Hi,

Slowly getting decisions made for my build, but was hoping to talk to some of the members during Comic Con in Toronto next week but sent an e-mail to the GML awhile back but have not heard anything......I had sent two other e-mails before that then I notice GML had changed or had the wrong e-mail but either way 3 e-mails and zero response!

Hello we have just had legion elections which some positions can change, so there may indeed be a new GML in that positon. Are you signed up on their forum? You could post there or even contact the CO and alert him/her to your issue. If you are not signed up on their forum you can find a list of 501st units here also links to their contacts

Hi Q,

I understand if elections have happened that explains why the GML name changed....But I thought to join their forums I had to be active member of the 501st:

Failure to read and follow these two steps in the registration process will result in a rejection of the account. 
STEP 1: Setting your USERNAME
You must be an active member of the 501st Legion to join this forum.  
You MUST use your 501st Legion TKID as your username in the following format (example: TK 12345).  
All registrations that do not contain a valid and active 501st Legion TKID will be automatically deleted.  You may change your "display name" once approved*****

So since I haven't even started making my armor I thought I couldn't join.....

25 minutes ago, Staffa359 said:

Hi Q,

I understand if elections have happened that explains why the GML name changed....But I thought to join their forums I had to be active member of the 501st:

So since I haven't even started making my armor I thought I couldn't join.....

Most forums allow recruits to sign up to them, a lot of info is there just for recruits, then once approved as a member your access is upgraded to see 501st sections ;) 

There are email addresses for staff listed in the 501st units link I posted, perhaps contact them directly