HOW TO: Join the 501st Legion as an Imperial Stormtrooper (TK)

Tim, how are we on the Centurion numbers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

Tim, how are we on the Centurion numbers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last approved Centurion was #164.

Looking over the EIB numbers for the last 2.5 years, using number of approved EIB TKs at the end of December of each year.;

2014 was an increase of 74 from 2013

2013 was an increase of 61 from 2012

2012 was an increase of 94 from 2011

Less than halfway through 2015, we have increased the number by 40, from the end of 2014.  Which puts us on a good pace, but nowhere near the type of increase we need to seriously close that gap that Paul mentioned earlier.  If you look at my note about nearly 200 additional TKs approved since March and factor that we've added 40 EIBs since January, that is a decent ratio (20% new EIBs vs new TKs) but with the kits available now, and the general mood of the Detachment and the Cadets, I seriously expect a big jump in EIB submissions and approvals in the back half of 2015.  

We've got our work cut out for us, but we can make a big, big dent in that gap this year with all of the new TKs coming on board.  We've just got to get the word out and I owe you Attaches some help in that regard.  It will be coming in short order.

Is there a way to effectively motivate other TK's to go the extra mile and achieve EI status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruben, as I mentioned above, it can be done, yes.

How?  You just hit the nail on the head with that question, be active here at FISD, and in your Garrison, host armor parties and be sure to assist as many new TKs as you possibly can and encourage them to build all the way to Centurion from day #1.  If your Detachment has a FB group for them, then be active there.  Lead by example, as you've done in achieving EIB (Congratulations, by the way! Your armor looks great!  I've been very absent over the last month or so here, and I mean to reverse that now)  

We've got to get the Garrisons to come on board with the idea that their TKs should look good, as they are the face of the Legion and the face of the Empire.  We want to put our best foot forward and demonstrate the pride that we have in these armors, after all, we put all of this work into them, right?  You're part of the solution, simply by asking how to do so!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would ask that you edit the list as well. One does not need to order the kit from a vendor if one can make it themselves. This list is very misleading especially 3 thru 6. None of those is required. I can see you adding a clause to those stating that if you need armor and do not want to build your own. But all should know that they can attempt a sculpt or a build on their own.

Edited by Elumusic

I would ask that you edit the list as well. One does not need to order the kit from a vendor if one can make it themselves. This list is very misleading especially 3 thru 6. None of it is required.

First, just because you can build your kit, does not mean everybody can make their own armor kit.

Second, this are just guidelines, just so all potential cadets can understand. If you find one bullet unnecessary, just skip it and drive on, like I did.

Third, most of us find it emotional and very important the day the brown box arrives. Just because you don't find it as important as many of us do, does not mean it should be edited out.

Fourth, just because it is unnecessary from your perspective, it does not mean it is unnecessary for any other individual. This a a group forum, or so

I understand it is. I found this thread very helpful, as many others have. Keep it simple and enjoy the ride!! Don't ruin it for everybody else! ï¸

Peace and love, trooper!

Those who don't know any better may be dissuaded from attempting something they may want to do based on this How To.. I don't believe my comment was aimed at ruining anybody's day.

As a total newb, I can say that posts like this are extremely helpful, even if they "only" serve as a sort of jumping-off point. Anyone who has made it this far views anything like this as helpful hints, not requirements. If there were requirements, research wouldn't be so necessary, and that's the first rule of joining the 501st: research, research, research.

• Like 3

Once again down the rabbit hole we go.

This post, just like any other "HOWTO" on the FISD boards, shows how things CAN be done, there are multiple ways to do anything.

I welcome you, and any other group of members to build this comprehensive flowchart of ways to do everything involved with building armor or props, and joining the Legion. Anyone can submit a HOWTO for review by the staff and inclusion in the boards.

The post will not be edited. If you want a HOWTO on joining the Legion as a Stormtrooper by making your own armor, I believe you already possess all the tools necessary. Type it up, the same way that you typed up your objection to this one.

Troopers Helping Troopers!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This post is invaluable! I am new here, hoping to join MidSouth: Blue Sun Squad soon, eventually 501st and MEPD: SWAT. I looked into the 501st and "trooping" a few years ago and didn't take the plunge for exactly the reason this post was writen. Lack of resources for people looking to get into this 'secret society'. Maybe that was the case back then, "first rule of trooping is you dont talk about trooping". TK409 was the best site that I can remember. I am now on the trail from a conversation I had with a guy I have hardly talked to in the five years we've been in the same division... for no reason than we had nothing in common... A resurgence of the franchise we love, him running into a 501st member while at a trunk-or-treat and then approaching me about it this week... here I am! We may become great friends in our journey together and we are both determined! We both have plans to participate in as much as we can with our local unit, and with full support from our wives! I reached out to the Blue Sun today with hope to start getting to know them and take any advice they have. I will ofcourse, be trolling here until my TK armor is complete. So, thank you!

Edited by firstceb
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Thank you for this! I've already begun getting on the waiting list for my ATA armor. Where would be a good place to look for the other essentials? Just want to be sure I don't miss anything. 

Definitely will look for and stay in touch with my local garrison too. I can't wait to get started and get my TKID, and go on my first troop!

This is really exciting :) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have a question, because I don´t found the answer in any place. I made a EVA Foam armor, that i´m still making reforms, and a helmet by myself,, can I be postulated to be a member of the Legion?

Thanks, and sorry if the question don´t belong here.