Almost Off Topic: Socks for Trooping

Not an off topic question at all!!

its the little things that makes your trooping more enjoyable, from AC cooled buckets to comfortable socks to having your hair taken care of so it doesn't bother you while out and about!

By the way, I wear a pair a black wool boot socks.. Mostly because my boots are a little to wide for me so the extra padding fills in the space. I have narrow feet, even by German standards..

Black Dickies work socks here. Extra padding on the heel and under the ball of the foot. Trooper boots aren't the most comfortable for my feet. :huh:

excellent question.

most of the time you will be standing on a concrete convention floor or other hard surface so cushioning is key. if you have a gel insole (highly recommended) then this is not as much a concern. otherwise get a thicker soled sock.

environment is also a factor so thinner socks for hot weather and thicker for cooler parades.

I wear wolverine socks made to wear with steel toe boots and spenco orthopedic full insoles. My TK boots are more comfortable than my regular shoes.

I didn't buy these socks just for trooping, they are socks i bought when i actually worr steel toe boots at my job. My steels have since worn out and my work isn't strict at all on wearing them

I wear any coloured socks I have on--usually bright striped or argyle. I can't possibly imagine them becoming visible at all with my tights covering them and the boots being so tall.

I wear wolverine socks made to wear with steel toe boots and spenco orthopedic full insoles. My TK boots are more comfortable than my regular shoes.

I didn't buy these socks just for trooping, they are socks i bought when i actually worr steel toe boots at my job. My steels have since worn out and my work isn't strict at all on wearing them

As I was reading this, I totally pictured bright yellow socks with little (x-men) Wolverines all over them. ;p

For me, what ever socks I happen to be wearing that day are the trooping socks de jour.

Like Squeaky mentioned - gel inserts are a comfort must have! :)

• Like 2

My boots fit me very well, so I just wear a pair of long sport socks, nice and comfy. :duim:

Edited by Sly11