Boot Upgrade

To paraphrase Ben Kenobi (Jedi scum), “I’ve taken the next step into a larger world.†My new pair of boots from tkboots.com arrived yesterday!

20150309_180500_zps8dxeuq0i.thumb.jpg.d0891f7c739f91708bb5b6436d853910.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Question: My first pair of boots got pretty scratched up from the shin armor rubbing against them. I would really rather my new boots not suffer the same fate. Does anyone here have a tip or trick to keep this from happening? A soft edge attached to the inside of the shin around the ankle, or something like that?

First of all, because your new boots are white to begin with, the Chance of black showing through is minimal. :lol:

(Sorry, couldn't resist ...)

But seriously, with painted boots it's the first micrometer thickness of paint that goes first. The black underneath would take some time to be rubbed away to the raw leather.

Same with your new white ones.

What I did nevertheless, was to glue the soft half of a white velcro strip inside the shin around the ankle area. You could also use felt or thick Cloth.

If your shin is directly hitting the leather, it will still be bruised, but the steady up and down of the shin while walking becomes a mere brushing without scratching the leather at all.

• Like 1