RT-MOD ANH HERO Build

David, did you tell Rob that you wanted to build to EIB/Centurion?  I know that my kit was not built for overlap, but that's based on my conversation(s) with Rob.

There are indeed differences in the inner/outer and left/right calves.  If they are indeed inner-inner and outer to outer, so long as you're using E6000 just stick them in the freezer overnight and pry them apart so that the proper parts can be assembled together.

I screwed mine up originally. I assembled with opening towards outside. I just ripped the cover strip off (didn't know about the freezer trick) and had no problem.

Had you glued your sniper? I saw you were prepping. If you sanded for the sniper to glue that could be a pain :(.

There is a left and right once you get the inners with the outers. The inners have more of a calf bulge, the outers more straight. Hopefully you'll see what I mean.

I can take pics of mine if you need. I am RTMod as well.

Not Centurion but very close! I need to build a blaster for EIB. I know my armour is already EIB without question.

Sadly I didn't do a build thread :(.

I did not specify that I was building to Centurion either (not sure if Rob even offers to do things differently) but think I will have no issue. Once I got my kit I found out about Centurion and build it butt and cover (I followed Darth Aloha's thread and saw how he cried when he realised he couldn't get Centurion with overlap).

I need to play with my belt, so the kidney corner notches and fix up the shims I had to add in my (fat guy) sides. Other than that I should be clear for Centurion!

Oh yeah, and pull stickers and paint my bucket.

• Like 1

in the freezer they go, i hope i can buff the small area i sanded for the sniper knee, I didn't express about being centurion to ROB, i didn't know at that time the differences. I am trying to Butt all the edges as much as i canIMG_0659_zps4rxbpr1w.jpg

Edited by gunslinger7788

Hit my thread again, David. Take a look at the different pieces, and you should be able to see the calf differences. If not in my thread - which might be difficult to find - then either my EIB or Centurion threads will have pictures taken from the back in full armor.

EDIT: Rob will trim the kit more cleanly if you tell him that you're going to be building with the butt join and cover strips, for EIB and Centurion. For future reference of anyone reading this and considering an RT-Mod Kit.

• Like 1

They're the same parts but Rob just trims the joints differently so they butt instead of overlap. It isn't anything you can't do... and are already doing.

The shins looks great btw.

-Eric

Shins look awesome now, David.  

Nicely done.  There...  You've survived and corrected your first armor build gaffe.  There's nothing you can't handle now!

• Like 1

Please unscramble my brain??? I got my kit from Rob earlier this week. I have seen overlaps, butt joints, cover strips and now I see this (inner strips)

I'm so confused as to what I need to do to just get it started.... I was going to overlap, and then decided to do strip covers, but now???? Arghhhh!!!

I'm 6' 250lbs. and the measurements that I got from Rob, he said that there would be (Little, or no mods required to fit the suit to me)

I feel like I'm just chasing my tail right now....

Can I get a little direction from anyone??? Please and Thank You!!!

Hello,   well i am 6'3 and about 235. I decided to go with but joints for most of my build to give me more room. but, what i have discovered is that the suit i received from Rob is for overlap. Getting started is kinda crazy, but you can do it. I am starting the things this weekend. please ask any questions. I started withe bicep and moved south, to get my feet wet.  please ask any question, if i don't know the answer, we can find out with help.

the Here are (2) threads that are great for info.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27561-a-slightly-disheveled-medium-and-a-pristine-big-brown-box-arrived-today-darks-rt-mod-anh-hero-and-stunt-build-thread/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16995-darth-alohas-rt-mod-anh-stunt-buildrt/

Please unscramble my brain??? I got my kit from Rob earlier this week. I have seen overlaps, butt joints, cover strips and now I see this (inner strips)

I'm so confused as to what I need to do to just get it started.... I was going to overlap, and then decided to do strip covers, but now???? Arghhhh!!!

I'm 6' 250lbs. and the measurements that I got from Rob, he said that there would be (Little, or no mods required to fit the suit to me)

I feel like I'm just chasing my tail right now....

Can I get a little direction from anyone??? Please and Thank You!!!

Ok. Here goes.... there are two ways to put together RT-MOD. 

1. Overlap
  2. Butt join with cover strips

Unless you specify Rob trims the kit for overlap. It should be obvious by looking at it how overlap works. 

With butt joints you trim the flat section of each part to the same width as your cover strip (you can easily do this even if Rob hasn't) and apply one below the seam for strength and one above the seam that people see.

Check out the first link below that gunslinger posted. That's Tim's RT-MOD build. 

Jesse also has some good photos in his thread of overlap:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24315-rt-mod-armor-build/

So does Lee:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23553-jmm7375s-anh-stunt-rt-mod-build/

Hello,   well i am 6'3 and about 235. I decided to go with but joints for most of my build to give me more room. but, what i have discovered is that the suit i received from Rob is for overlap. Getting started is kinda crazy, but you can do it. I am starting the things this weekend. please ask any questions. I started withe bicep and moved south, to get my feet wet.  please ask any question, if i don't know the answer, we can find out with help.

the Here are (2) threads that are great for info.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27561-a-slightly-disheveled-medium-and-a-pristine-big-brown-box-arrived-today-darks-rt-mod-anh-hero-and-stunt-build-thread/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16995-darth-alohas-rt-mod-anh-stunt-buildrt/

Yeah the first cut/trim/step is always the most harrowing. I'm glad most folks are trimming RT to be butt joint. That's the way to go for sure. 

-Eric

I'll echo exactly what Eric said, those first cuts can seriously put you on the verge of nausea. No joking at all there. It's that distressing for a number of reasons, for starters, we know what we paid for the box(es) of plastic, and the first cut is the first one because you've never done this before. Should you dork it up somehow, there's your investment.....

That's how you see it the first time.

Once you take that deep breath, and start cutting, or scoring and snapping the ABS, you get comfortable with it, and after you make your first mistake, you learn that there aren't many mistakes you make (that don't involve heat guns - those can be totally catastrophic) that cannot be undone or fixed.

We're all here to help each other, so ask away, Josh. (Sorry for hijacking your thread, David) Have you hit a build thread going yet? If not, get one. ;) the moment a post appears with "RT-Mod" in the title, both Eric and I will instantaneously rouse from our sleep, if need be, and find it. It's like the moths to the flame.

Let us know what help you need!

Keep at it, David! ;)

EDIT: Inner strips are used to solidify the seam. They substantially strengthen the armor pieces, in my opinion. I've got them in my armor on every glued seam.

Great job David :duim: 

For a second there while reading your post I had a flashback to my nightmare. You've got some knowledgeable help obviously keeping you on the right track.

:popcorn:   

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...