a message from your XO

Squeaky

Hello troopers and future troopers.

I am honored to have the role as your XO and proud to be a more involved part of this wonderful community.

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself to those who don’t know me.

Last year I became 501st approved, EIB and Centurion all within 3 weeks. I have not been posting on FISD as much but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy. In the past 12 months I have done 41 troops, 210 hours in armour, and 98 of those hours for charity. I have visited hospitals, museums, libraries, marched in parades, rang the opening bell at the stock exchange, stood on stage with symphonies and of course being in Canada, dropped some pucks.

I am also a Lucasfilm approved TK so I have done some Lucasfilm events promoting products, sponsorships and overall representing the Star Wars brand.

I have hosted armour parties to help new TKs source, buy and build their kits, a daunting task for newbies but pure joy for those of us who love it.

Like most of you it started when the Tantive IV flew over my head in 1977 (well some of you were too young in 1977) and the TKs bursted onto the screen. The universal love for TKs continues strongly today and well into next generation. I am excited about the new film and the glimpse we’ve seen of the new TKs.

I am excited about working with Eric and his team towards enhancing what works on FISD and fixing what doesn’t, to continue to make FISD a friendly and informative place to come and discuss TK armour building and most importantly helping each other in creating the most accurate costumes and enjoy this most awesome hobby.

Please feel free to reach out to me, I want to hear your opinions and concerns, or just talk Star Wars  :)

• Like 17

Welcome aboard, XO!!

I'm one of those ones that share your earliest memories of the TK, so I feel exactly where you're coming from. Let's do this!!

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome to your new position XO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

i will be having a face-to-face with Eric soon and meeting with the staff to set a plan going forward to focus our efforts. This is going to be exciting and fun (for everyone).

• Like 4

Congratulations on the XO position!  That's some resume, and I'm sure you will make an excellent addition to the team.  One thing though, only one EIB?   ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...