FISD Staff for 2015

Darth Aloha

Aloha,

I am unable to properly express my extreme gratitude to everyone for electing me as your FISD Detachment Leader for 2015. I am humbled by the swell of support I received during the election, much of it coming from unexpected directions. I cannot thank everyone enough, especially the TKs of the Canadian Garrison and the United Kingdom Garrison. Their collective belief in me buoyed me through a difficult Q&A period. I hope everyone is as glad as I am to put election behind us because it is time to get to work.

I have a long list of goals for 2015. Here is the short list that I intend to work on right out of the gate:

• Continue with the charter to increase the FISD sense of inclusiveness and “Troopers Helping Troopers” ideology for both new and existing TKs. (read: make FISD warm, welcoming and fun)
  • Produce formal attaché materials to educate local garrisons about various TK related construction methods and costume requirements.
  • Add more entries to the TiKipedia that houses reference information for every TK armor part in the CRL.
  • Create and implement a CRL change policy that ensures updates to the TK CRLs are voted in, implemented properly and with done with transparency
  • Move the forum to a more powerful web server. 
  • Plan a TK meet and greet at Celebration Anaheim as well as a group photo. 
  • Punch and pie
  • Offer new FISD and EIB swag.

To answer the question of how I expect to get any of that done here is my staff for 2015. 

Executive Officer - WideAMG (Squeaky): Yes, yet another Steve. It is time to bring a fresh face to the staff. Squeaky has not been very active on FISD since his RS built but that doesn't mean he doesn't live and breath Troopers Helping Troopers. I expect him to be around full time as of this announcement. Locally he has helped many troopers with their builds and make a habit collecting reference materials for new recruits. I have tasked Steve with heading up the work on the TiKipedia and other howtos. I also may need to change his forum name to "Squeaky" soon. 

Deployment Officer - GazmosisNot much needs to be said here. Steve's dedication to reviewing and approving applications for EIB and Centurion is unparalleled. His charter is to continue his clear delineation between CRL related issues and the subjective fit of armor in his review.

Provost Marshal - captsafe66Mark is a pillar of level headed fairness. In case you did not know the PM position is the cop of FISD. The PM acts in the same capacity as the Legion Captain of the Guard. His mission for 2015 is to keep an eye on anyone not being warm, welcoming and fun. We need to put an end to not only the perception of assholery and elitism on FISD but actually stop it as it happens. 

Deputy Provost Marshal - Tolo: If you do not know of Eric you do not hang around FISD much. Tolo is always welcoming and helpful and his good nature will be a great addition to the PM team. What we need is a handful of people monitoring the tone of FISD and counseling people as issues come up. I may appoint a second DPM in a different time zone in the coming weeks. 

Public Relations Officer - evan_loh: Evan has been pumping out newsletters for a while now without the PRO title. His celebrity interviews have raised the bar on our already badass newsletters. Not only will he carry on with the newsletters but I want him to reinvigorate our social media presence as well. 

FISD Ambassador - Dark CMF: What is the FISD ambassador? The position was created for Clamps (who has stepped down from FISD staff to focus on being his garrison XO) as the head attache. This position will not only organize the attaches but work to create materials for them to bring to their recruits.  Tim was the first and only person on my list for this job once Clamps told me of his decision to abandon us. 

Membership Officer - NoVATie: A.C.'s quiet dedication to setting up users's forum access is unwavering. 

Merchandise Officer TK4205Wyatt was one of the first members of FISD and has been running merch off and on for most of the forum's life. He cares a lot about our brand and the quality of the products we offer to our members. I've asked Wyatt to be the head of a merch team this year. I will be naming at least two deputies to spread the responsibility around so one person is not over burdened with ordering, shipping and receiving.  

Deputy Merchandise Officer - TBD

Web Server Admins - svache and Locitus - This forum and web server could not survive without these two nerds. 

FISD Founder Daetrin: Our collective conscious. Paul's ongoing gig is to reminds us why we are all here

That is the team in a great big bloody nutshell. 

From what I heard during the Q&A we need to be doing two things. First is to make FISD even more welcoming and to cut down on small number of people being (almost always well meaning) dicks. Two is to put out more FISD merch. My own third hope is to create the best reference material of any detachment in the Legion. My choice in staff reflects those goals. 

I still intend to appoint a Chief Party Officer. I am also looking for a professional web designer with a sizable portfolio to help redo our forum skin. 

My PM and email door is always open.

With Unquestioned Loyalty and Aloha, 

-Eric

• Like 17

I hope I speak for everyone when I say we're all here to help you and your staff continue to make the FISD the best of the best! I look forward to the future under your command!

• Like 6

Congratulations on the win, boss!!

Thank you for bringing me to the FISD Staff. We've got plenty of work to do to serve our Troopers and Cadets, and I'm already kicking around some ideas on how to get us there!

Big, big year ahead for the FISD! Let's tackle it head on!!!

• Like 6

A big congratulations to you Eric, and all the staff both new and reprising their rolls.

I am confident that we will continue to grow and improve in everything we do.

I think we are definitely in for an exciting year ahead, with the changes Eric has mentioned.

I'm so excited , I could Breakdance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Congratulations to you Eric and to the rest of of the new 2015 staff. Though I'm relatively new to the fISD I'm very excited for this upcoming year. May this be a year of unity, teamwork and dedication to others.

• Like 3

I demand video!! :)

Be careful what you wish for Tim

• Like 2

Be careful what you wish for Tim

I'm suddenly wishing it too...LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Looks like a good team Eric. Congratulations to you all!

Congrats to you too Mr DL of spec ops :)

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Cant wait to see what ya have up your sleeve Eric! congrats to all the troopers in this cabinet of Aloha! Lets get this party started! This is the year of the TK!

• Like 2

For the first time since I joined (not too long ago), I understand what (most) the roles are now and how this all works. 

Even tho I managed to navigate my way though this web of the dark side and come out the other end ok - I think there are many others who find everything overwhelming and intimidating. Sometimes to the point of not even giving it a go. 

With this one post I feel that things are gonna get better, and hopefully make it more accessible and fun for recruits. 

Everyone mentioned has my full support!!!

Congrats and long live FISD!!!

• Like 8

I was hanging around a little more because i was really looking forward to see the Staff who was going to handle this dreading upcoming year (at least i find it intimidating); new highly anticipated stormtroopers, new ways of buildings, everyone will be a noob, new CRL to build up, tiers to be made, ... scary!

So first of all congratulations, i think the staff is great and will be up to the job. I'm glad to see the return of WideAMG (or squeaky, whatever :P), his build thread was one of the best i followed. Tim as FISD ambassador? Well, seems obvious! I would love to see Manny (TehCaveman) appointed as one of those Merch Deputies though, might be thorn in the side but i think that could be a good thing.

So good luck to everyone in the Staff and as a first deed of making the FISD warmer i think i'm going to start belittling people of another forum :D. I won't vanish but i think i will really step down from comments.

• Like 1

Not to hijack the thread but I would also like to endorse Manny (TehCaveman) to be appointed as one of those Merch Deputies. Everyone has there strengths and weaknesses and Manny's strength would be best served in his passion in rewarding those who work hard for their achievements. Just my 2 cents

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 2

Excited for a couple of different reasons:

1. First year in white at a celebration...cant wait for the greet and meet and photo op.

2. Attache info/packets...will be crucial for cadets and to have at tables during cons

3. Im my Garrison’s Fire Team commander ( i know i know) but i love more new white armor, so this will be a big year for us!

This year will be epic! im hoping we’ll be able to collectively drive traffic to the forum, we are the biggest and brightest Detachment so lets make that happen!  Hopefully i’ll see you at the St.Pattys parade in Boston! Congrats Eric!

• Like 1