Connecting the ammo belt to canvas belt to ab plate...

After attending my first armor party in over a decade, I came home with more questions than I left with.

The first one concerned my belt.  I'd like to be able to detach my canvas belt solely for the purpose of washing it every now and then.  Would this diagram work?  Do I need three snaps to attach the canvas belt to the ab plate, or is two enough (pictured)?

belt_zps9ejxz1ri.jpg

Any other recommendations?

Seems like it would work, actually i've seen someone doing the same thing already (gmrhodes13 i think). And don't worry, most of us fasten the canvas belt with only two snaps.

The only thing i would change would be to skip the snaps for the drop boxes and just loop the strap around the belt like it wasdone on the original armors. They will still be removable as you will be able to separate the ammo belt from the canvas belt.

• Like 1

That's how I did mine and it works well. But a word of caution: When you measure the two side snaps, drill the holes in the ammo belt, then bend it around your waist with the canvas belt before marking off where to make the holes in the canvas. If you line it up flat, the snaps will have more preassure on them when you put it on and wrap it around your waist. I made that mistake, and while it still holds, I have had the snaps pop open and just resorted to anchoring the ends with elastic. Does that make sense? Attach the center snap, drill holes on the ends of the ammo belt, put the belt on and mark the canvas  with a marker while wearing it.

• Like 2