IMG_4627_zpsyzlad3k3.jpg

IMG_4628_zpsrbnjaawj.jpg

IMG_4630_zpsy8fgwepz.jpg

IMG_4632_zpsxnh3ckcr.jpg

IMG_4633_zpsdhp9kjdb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Always some tweaking to be done!

Looks fantastic- love the brackets! Adding one more strap to the lt side could help bring the kidney down lower to match the abdomen piece if you wanted, but it looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Andrew!! Thank you very much for letting us marvel at yet another RS work of art! Thank you also for your application to Expert infantry!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All but one photo is present. The crotch hardware is not an EIB requirement but we like to see it because some people paint them and that would be a point to mention for "Centurion Suggestions".  I assume from all the other details that they are there. Please post this if you get a chance. Your armor hits all the marks that that the EIB program requires. With great pleasure I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

I guess its a compliment if I can't tell whether you or RS built this set.  Outstanding work either way. In this section, I summarize suggestions from fellow troopers as well as my observations for improving the overall look of your armor. Unless specifically stated, these "suggestions" will not affect any application.

Thankfully, there are not too many things to mention here! 

It was touched on above that you seem to have a lot of movement in your left side between your ab and kidney. Split rivets are easy to pull out so replacing the elastic with nylon webbing, even if it is just on the top connection, may help this to stay in place better.

The connecting brackets always give a classic look to armor. Dabbing a little white on the screw heads might make them stick out a little less without taking away from the accuracy aspect.

Dabbing some black marker or paint on your Thermal Detonator clip screw will do the same.

SPECTACULAR helmet details!!! Right on!

Can you do me one favor......Please grab a measuring stick and post a pic telling the width of the straps that connect your holster to the belt. These need to be in the realm of 20mm and many holsters that come out of RS have 25mm or wider. These look good but I am just checking. Thanks.

Your gray ab buttons could be a tiny bit bigger, but that is just me being picky.

Centurion Suggestions:

Truthfully, the only thing I would do is to re-take the pic of your left side with the proper alignment of your ab and kidney, This will really showcase this lovely armor. And make sure you have that crotch hardware pic!

Congratulations again!!

• Like 1

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'crotch hardware'?

I built the most of the armour, but the boys at RS took it apart and rebuilt a few bits to guide me a bit!!

They saved my lid after several disaterous drilling incidents too!

I'll get those pics sorted and get my centurion submission in real soon!

Thanks again.