Hondutrooper's AM 2.0 Build

hondutrooper

1) Align the shoulder bells so that the edge is facing straight forward.

2) Rotate the biceps so that the thumb print is facing your body and the outer cover strip is aligned with the bell edge.

NOTE: The forearm cover strip will be aligned with the bicep cover strip. See where I'm going with this?

3) Move the ab, cod, kidney and posterior up about 1" to eliminated the posterior low hang

4) Move the thighs up in relation to the items above

5) Ensure the leg cover strips are facing forward.

edit 6) Pull the bells up so that they are almost flush with the shoulder straps/cover strips

victor%202b.jpg

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

1) Align the shoulder bells so that the edge is facing straight forward.

2) Rotate the biceps so that the thumb print is facing your body and the outer cover strip is aligned with the bell edge.

NOTE: The forearm cover strip will be aligned with the bicep cover strip. See where I'm going with this?

3) Move the ab, cod, kidney and posterior up about 1" to eliminated the posterior low hang

4) Move the thighs up in relation to the items above

5) Ensure the leg cover strips are facing forward.

edit 6) Pull the bells up so that they are almost flush with the shoulder straps/cover strips

victor%202b.jpg

Thanks so much for the pointers Tony!  Working on the changes and will take more pics soon.

Marked off the areas to cut off the cod piece and the thigh ammo belt.  Before I cut, thought I would check to make sure...does this look right?

I used the spray can method for the ammo belt and also used the same can for the cod piece.

KNEEAMMO_zpsjnvdahxb.jpg

COD%20CUT_zps32gsacs9.jpg

Also painted the ears - my lines look right in terms of thickness?

EAR_zpss6irnfgr.jpg

Painted the inside of the mike tips white

MIKETIPS_zpsnjjfpcnx.jpg

Installed backing to make the mike tips more stable and secure

MIKETIPSINSIDE_zpslkmbi4fd.jpg

Regarding the ammo belt. It looks to be correct just ensure it will line up with the return edges on the thigh.

Ears looks great also, don't forget to clean up the rough paint edges with thinner and a Q-tip.

:duim:

• 2 weeks later...

Going to an armor party tomorrow so will get input from other TKs as I put some finishing touches on the fitting...especially the cod/thigh pieces.  Will post pics on Sunday.

Make sure the fellow garrison mates are interested in L2 or L3 accuracy, some people don't care or don't know how to build armor past basic. 

• Like 2

On to more positive news...got my belt from Trooperbay.  

Learned how to use a rivet gun and riveted the center of the canvas to the ABS.

BELT_zpsfmqky25j.jpg

Used washers too :)

RIVET%20WASHER_zpsapx8bly8.jpg

Did the drop boxes

BELT%20RIGHT_zpskw8aegca.jpg

BELT%20LEFT_zpsfhxacj32.jpg

HELP NEEDED HERE - Is the distance for the rivet at 19mm from the end correct? 

Cut the end of the belt so there's 38mm between the last block and the end.  Also cut the corners at 45 degree.

BELT%20END%20DIMENSION_zpsx8uj5ktb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've been up to 

Installed split rivet on cod

COD_zpsfyesrx27.jpg

Trimmed back plate

BACK%20DETAIL_zpsa0zrhbfm.jpg

Installed ab buttons to connect the belt

CHEST%20DETAIL_zpsbslavmqf.jpg

Installed ab button on top right

AB%20BUTTON_zpsebtg3g4t.jpg

Trimmed butt plate and installed snaps

BUTT%20DETAIL%201_zpsrcmuwwf7.jpg

Followed tutorial on making the bicep hooks

BICEP%20HOOK_zpslxdageex.jpg

Installed ab kidney connection with split rivets from Trooperbay

AB%20KIDNEY%20DETAIL_zpsnc8szwyw.jpg

I'll try to post pictures of me wearing the kit sometime this week.

Looking nice Victor. If you plan on shooting for Centurion don't forget the 22mm notch in the kidney plate.

Regarding the ab ammo belt question, you look to be fine where it's at.

Keep up the good work

Looking nice Victor. If you plan on shooting for Centurion don't forget the 22mm notch in the kidney plate.

Regarding the ab ammo belt question, you look to be fine where it's at.

Keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback.  I've been referring to your build thread a lot for the specific measurements such as the belt being 1/4 inch below the button plate.  I will be doing the notch on the kidney plate once I get basic approval as I plan to go to Centurion.

• Like 1

Almost there.

Got my neck seal from Darman and my TD clips from ukswrath (not pictured).

Hyperfirm blaster coming this week.

Only thing I haven't gotten yet is the boots.  

Things I need to get done:

• Finish thermal detonator

• Attach thigh cover strips

• Attach knee ammo boxes

• Redo shoulder covers

• Rivet cover strips on belt

I know the back is a little crooked, one of the snaps failed while taking the pics.  The blue tape on the thighs is where I was planning on additional trimming.  Also, shirt is not a compression shirt...that's why it looks a little baggy ;)

Any feedback?  

90ba6061-9939-480a-be18-9df3fa6ccde6_zps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How did you (or how are you going to) fix the crack on the shin?  I put a crack in one of mine while trimming return edges and wasn't sure what to do about it...  I assume ABS paste or something, but that's as far as I got.  

Belt needs to come off the top and it probably wouldn't hurt to trim some off the top and around the cod. If it's comfortable as is, maybe leave the thighs alone. 

Not sure I understand your feedback on the belt and cod.  Can you clarify what you mean by the belt coming off the top?

The cod and ab are split and currently the top part of the cod is behind the ab plate secured with straps.

Not sure I understand your feedback on the belt and cod.  Can you clarify what you mean by the belt coming off the top?

The cod and ab are split and currently the top part of the cod is behind the ab plate secured with straps.

What Jason is saying is the left side of the belt is hanging lower than the right. As a matter of fact your entire ab section is lower on the left than the right. It needs to be raised up about 1/2" or so. 

May I also suggest lowering your biceps a bit and raising your forearms so that they almost touch at the elbow.

What Jason is saying is the left side of the belt is hanging lower than the right. As a matter of fact your entire ab section is lower on the left than the right. It needs to be raised up about 1/2" or so. 

May I also suggest lowering your biceps a bit and raising your forearms so that they almost touch at the elbow.

Thanks for the feedback.  

I noticed the belt was low on some of the front and side shots.  The belt was adjusted for the shots from behind so that it was level...the blaster in the holster makes it lower on the left side.  Also, since I am thin, I might need to add more velcro to the belt for a tighter fit that doesn't sag.

I can adjust the ab section, biceps and forearms...easy fixes.

Anything on the thighs?