Hondutrooper's AM 2.0 Build

hondutrooper

This is my first build.  I'd like to start off by apologizing for all the questions, but seems like the community is very helpful.

Going to start on the biceps.  Trimmed the returns already, will start trimming sides to fit.  So here's the first silly question...what side goes where?  From other builds I gather that the dimpled piece is interior right.  What about the outer pieces?

post-22721-0-81014500-1425172015_thumb.jpg

Edited by hondutrooper
  • Like 1

If you mean the outer pieces of the biceps, yes, they are symmetrical.  The insides of the forearms are different, and be SURE to read RogueTrooper's  thread about AM armor shins in the tutorials section, located in the top right hand portion of the main page.   It kept me from making a huge mistake.  One thing I did learn about the biceps, is to make the opening as small as possible, and still accommodate easy movement.  I made mine a bit large, and it caused my shoulder bells to shift backward.  Still working on my AM 2.0 build, and have learned this mantra... "measure three times, cut once, use lots of blue tape to fit, and then use E6000.

Did some more trimming today.  Dont want to do any glueing yet.  Moved to the forearms but stopped since I had questions and didn't want to mess things up.

Two questions-

1- When trimming to fit my forearms, can I trim from the both the interior and exterior parts? Or am I limited to interior only?

2- The forearms seem long for me...can I shorten at the wrist? What is the guideline for length?

post-22721-0-22329200-1425255706_thumb.jpg

post-22721-0-95971800-1425255736_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Typically you want to split the difference with trimming so its symmetrical or a true middle seam. Just make sure you are comfortable with the fit. As far as the forearm length you can take some off at the wrist since there is no return edges there but you could take some off both ends. You will need to make a relief on the left forearm anyway so you can bend your arm. You noticed that the inner forearms one has a relief/cut out for bending, that's the right arm and one does not have hardly anything, left arm. There are plenty of AM builds that you can look over.

Typically you want to split the difference with trimming so its symmetrical or a true middle seam. Just make sure you are comfortable with the fit. As far as the forearm length you can take some off at the wrist since there is no return edges there but you could take some off both ends. You will need to make a relief on the left forearm anyway so you can bend your arm. You noticed that the inner forearms one has a relief/cut out for bending, that's the right arm and one does not have hardly anything, left arm. There are plenty of AM builds that you can look over.

Thanks for the tips.  I figured trimming both sides would be best but I wanted to make sure.  Will work on that tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Made some progress on the helmet.  Everything fit pretty smoothly with the exception of the left ear.  Any tips appreciated on how to close that gap more.  I'll play around with it more and see how close I can get it.

post-22721-0-20626800-1426182286_thumb.jpg

Teeth Cut out

post-22721-0-68002200-1426182318_thumb.jpg

Right ear - small gap

post-22721-0-05486600-1426182340_thumb.jpg

Left ear - larger gap that I want

post-22721-0-39443300-1426182366_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Made some progress after a long break...

Painted the inside black

post-22721-0-19388600-1431565871_thumb.jpg

Cut the trim.  Is this supposed to be straight or is at an angle OK?

post-22721-0-18298800-1431566053_thumb.jpg

Painted the vocoder as best I could...does it look good?

post-22721-0-29826100-1431566098_thumb.jpg

Started painting the teeth...but wasn't sure if I needed to paint the last tooth?  Cut out that last piece?

post-22721-0-17502300-1431566866_thumb.jpg

I trimed mine to match the angel of the trap.

Vocoder looks good to me.

don't cut the last one but yes paint the last tooth to a point just after the one you don't cut out.

IMG_0895_zpsu9q9jlkl.jpg

This is a pic of mine before I extende the grey on the frown a little more after the last tooth.

• 2 weeks later...