Am I a little short to be a Stormtrooper?

Hello fellow troopers! I'm a pediatric nurse by trade. Although I have a particular set of skills, I'm afraid none of which has anything to do with Liam Neeson or building things. 

Needless to say, I'm a rookie at this and just so happen to be 4'11" and under 100 lbs. Judge me by my size, do you? I assure you I am perfectly healthy and proportional. 

Anyways, I've been doing a lot of research and sent a couple of emails and no one has anything other than standard adult size or experience about obtaining armor for someone of my size. I'm a little overwhelmed with the research but NOT discouraged. Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I don't want to get a standard size armor and trim it down so much that it won't fit well or won't the meet the canon standard.

Any idea where I might be able to find kids size armor to work with? I'm excited and looking forward to finally start building my very own Stormtrooper armor. PLEASE help! Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!! 

Edited by boochicko
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2015 at 5:33 AM, troopermaster said:

I make armour for your size too. Here is a photo of my son who was about 4' 10" at the time and Steve (in TM Hero) is 5' 6" for reference.

You guys look great! :duim: I assume you're based in the UK? How can I contact you if I wish to learn more about your kit? Thanks.  

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Greetings Kristi, and welcome to the FISD!!!

To contact Troopermaster, you can send him a private message on the forums here. Just hover your pointer over his name, above his picture, and when you get the pop-up, you can select "Send Me a Message."

He is based in the UK, as you assumed. Good luck!

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 1

I'm 5'5 and have friends who are Stormtroopers that are 6'. No matter what height you are, you're going to get asked that 'short for a Stormtrooper' line. And it's mostly GUYS that say it. So I quickly remind them that they're in the wrong attire to be the princess! (Because that's Princess Leia's line)

• Like 4

HAH! I too am a 5'5" trooper and I get this line at least three times every troop. Love hearing your guys' replies! I sometimes say "my mom says I'm just right!", but I like yours better!

Our 5'9" trooper was telling me he gets that line too, I think people just say it because they want to connect with us and that's the first way they know how.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your build! :)

• Like 2

For a lot of them, it is the only line from the movie they know.

Welcome to the FISD Kristie.

We empower all trooper regardless of height, weight or gender.

You are going to look awesome when you are finished building your armor, and that is what matters most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm 5'5 and have friends who are Stormtroopers that are 6'. No matter what height you are, you're going to get asked that 'short for a Stormtrooper' line. And it's mostly GUYS that say it. So I quickly remind them that they're in the wrong attire to be the princess! (Because that's Princess Leia's line)

5'6" so I hear the line often.  Just reply "aren't you a little ugly to be a wookie?"  It gets a laugh.

HAH! I too am a 5'5" trooper and I get this line at least three times every troop. Love hearing your guys' replies! I sometimes say "my mom says I'm just right!", but I like yours better!

Our 5'9" trooper was telling me he gets that line too, I think people just say it because they want to connect with us and that's the first way they know how.

At least you guys are lucky, you get a canon quote, I get the one for Family Guy Blue Harvest: "Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper."    :huh:   

But I will use Keith's line from now lol

Edited by Tolo
  • Like 1

At least you guys are lucky, you get a canon quote, I get the one for Family Guy Blue Harvest: "Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper."    :huh:   

But I will use Keith's line from now lol

For a lot of them, it is the only line from the movie they know.

Welcome to the FISD Kristie.

We empower all trooper regardless of height, weight or gender.

You are going to look awesome when you are finished building your armor, and that is what matters most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5'6" so I hear the line often.  Just reply "aren't you a little ugly to be a wookie?"  It gets a laugh.

Thanks for the support and words of encouragement!  :salute:  These are all excellent comebacks and I will be sure to use every single one as soon as I get to suit up. 

Greetings Kristi, and welcome to the FISD!!!

To contact Troopermaster, you can send him a private message on the forums here. Just hover your pointer over his name, above his picture, and when you get the pop-up, you can select "Send Me a Message."

He is based in the UK, as you assumed. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! I'll remember that next time.  :)

• Like 1

I almost feel bad sometimes, trooping with anyone who is "the right height" because it seems like the public doesn't say a word to them about it until I show up playing "tower trooper." After I arrive, it's the first thing we hear. :)

• Like 1

I almost feel bad sometimes, trooping with anyone who is "the right height" because it seems like the public doesn't say a word to them about it until I show up playing "tower trooper." After I arrive, it's the first thing we hear. :)

I'm 5'8", but tend to slouch a lot in my armour, otherwise I make the Lord Vaders look less scary ;-)  Short troopers look good next to big scary Sith Lords :)

• Like 2

LoL... I trooped with a Vader that refused to allow any tall troopers to stand immediately next to him in for any of the photo ops. We were relegated to the flanks, even though he was probably about 6'6" or 6'7" in costume.

Of course, we made it a point to direct short troopers away from the area on occasion. Just because.

• Like 2

Vader loves when I stand next to him at 5'8". We have so many tower troopers. I always get the 'too short' line ----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 5

Welcome Kristi :)

Well there you go all your questions answered and fears resolved by the comments and in the form of a smaller sized TK suit offered by TM (Paul).

We hope to see those obligatory brown box photos in time when you start your own build thread (or fitting thread if you've got it built for you) :)

Most if not all who start their threads post a brown box (where your armour is delivered in) photo at the start of their thread. It's like 10 Christmases in one box!

• Like 3