My RS Commisioned Armour

After all this time, I am proud to say that I now own myself a set of RS armour. However, I did end up cheating and paying extra for the commissioning fee rather than build it myself. I am surprised by how well it fits me too. It doesn't feel loose or too big in areas nor does it feel too tight or small. But hopefully, I'll get to do the next one properly! 

epzn2E0.jpg

• Like 3

Very impressive!  Congratulations!

The only question I have is do your biceps have hooks in them?  I ask because the biceps (particularly in the pictures from the back) appear to have slipped below the shoulder bell straps.

Edited by Dark CMF

Looks good !  But you should lower your thighs, they are too high, and even touch your back piece.  If the thigh touche the torso pieces you will have a bad time trying to use stairs  ;)

God, I miss grass so much  :(

Sorry for taking so long to reply, been caught up with school work.

Very impressive!  Congratulations!

The only question I have is do your biceps have hooks in them?  I ask because the biceps (particularly in the pictures from the back) appear to have slipped below the shoulder bell straps.

The arms are biceps don't have a hook, they are held up by a piece of elastic which goes across the ridge on them.

Looks good !  But you should lower your thighs, they are too high, and even touch your back piece.  If the thigh touche the torso pieces you will have a bad time trying to use stairs  ;)

God, I miss grass so much  :(

I did notice my thighs were a bit too high :laugh1: It is a bit hard to move in it as is, let alone doing stairs! But practice makes perfect, or so they say ;)

You probably should do the screen accurate mod and cut out the back on your thighs and shins. It makes a world of a difference!

The little white piece on the bicep holding the elastic is a bicep hook. They prevent your shoulder elastics from riding too high, hence holding your bicep piece in place. 

I used THIS TUTORIAL to make the ones you see below. 

JK6YrT.jpg

Edited by HansDC

But not so high that they sit beneath the ab plate.

I do agree though, the biceps hooks were clearly not a common feature, and don't work for everyone either.

Edited by R2Dan

Well, your elastic that goes across the shoulder opening is not in the proper (read: screen accurate) position. If it were, your hooks wouldn't do anything, cause they'd just be about two inches above the elastic. Plus with the connection to the shoulder, I don't see why you'd need a second one that stops it from riding too low.

Overkill, in my humble opinion. Especially since I can't see anything wrong with Adam's arms here.

Sure man. Just a suggestion because someone mentioned it. Trying to give the new guy all the options so he can decide for himself. Thats all. 

Sorry I should actually have used a current picture instead of being lazy. 

Dan - Thats an old pic. I have since fixed my shoulder elastics and placed them in the correct place...

0irc5r.jpg

fQx5RA.jpg

I agree. The boys did a great job. One suggestion: The RS guys tend to leave a little extra meat on the abdomen sides. As you seem rather slim, we can see it overlap with the kidney plate (there's a faint bend in the ab piece indicating the added meat that is not on the original. I'm pretty sure you could do without it, making the armour a little more accurate even. It's a simple enough mod, all you need is aa pair of strong scissors and maybe a bit of sandpaper :)

Edited by R2Dan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to offend you. If you look at the parts, they're pretty much trimmed the same. The inverted V shape of your gap suggest something's pushing out the abdomen. That's usually the belly from my experience. It helps to (slightly over)tighten the belt, that's what my best mate does when he's gained a little extra weight ;)