Disney World Star Wars Weekends - Who's Going?

Dark CMF

I ask this, because I'll be there for the first one this year,, 15 - 17 May.

It would be great to meet up with any of you that might be there. Maybe have a group photo take there near the AT-AT or something!!

• Like 3

Wow, looks like I will get to meet my E-11 guru!  Yeah, Tim, I will definitely be there, (I live like 20 minutes away).  I am almost at the completion point of my armor, and should be approved in plenty of time!  I had the chance to meet some of the Makaze (Orlando) squad a while back, and they were saying that in the past, Disney has invited them and other local squads to join in at least one event fully armored.  Not sure of the details, but should know something by then if they are doing it again, and will keep in touch if you like.  See ya' there!

• Like 1

Hey Tim, great to hear you're coming to march with us in the Florida Garrison! Troopers from all over the world come to this awesome event and we welcome them all. Pretty much everyone here would answer this question the same way: "What has been your favorite troop?". There's nothing like marching out that gate for the first time and hearing and seeing the fans cheer. As you make the quick left and see yourself on their Jumbotron...goosebumps! (even in the heat) Make sure you hydrate starting the day before as even though the march itself is only about 12-14 minutes, we're outside in armor almost an hour. Looking forward to meeting you and I hope you have a safe trip here and back.

• Like 2

I am truly excited about it, and greatly looking forward to meeting so many Legion members.

Out of curiosity, is there a place set up for our family to spectate, so that they can get good pictures,,or do they have to fight for space up front?

Tim,

Have them camp either on the steps of the American Idol theater or even better, just before Star Tours right before the gate is a restaurant where there is hardly anyone. They won't see the Disney or guest stars part but if they just want to see you then it's the best locations. Otherwise they will have to fight tooth and nail to claim and hold their spot for up to 2 hours before.

• Like 1

I plan on attending the first weekend again. Marched the last two years, its an awesome experience. I always tell troopers its something you have to experience at least once in your trooping career.

• Like 2

I have a question for anyone who has trooped at Disney before...  I should (knock wood ABS) be TK and HWT approved by then, but was wondering if it would be wise to go HWT, as I am not sure how long the actual troop is.  Any advice?

The actual parade march is only about ten minutes, but there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" time spent in the backstage area. Keep in mind that it is May into June in the middle of Florida, so it'll be warm no matter what. I've done the last two years and always do the first weekend, temps seem to be pretty tolerable.

• Like 1

The actual parade march is only about ten minutes, but there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" time spent in the backstage area. Keep in mind that it is May into June in the middle of Florida, so it'll be warm no matter what. I've done the last two years and always do the first weekend, temps seem to be pretty tolerable.

That's why I don't dress out when they first say to I usually wait about 10-20 after and then change out.

2F8AE28A-46B2-4CEA-A98D-B3AF0AD9CC2C_zps

• Like 1

I just heard that they are shortening the time between the "dog sniff" and suit up. Looks like they are going to preassemble the line up for each weekend before hand so it may go: Dog sniff/morning meeting, bins in and suit up, march to stepoff and line up there. Overall time will be shorter this year.

And wait like 20-30 min at the gate lol. Let's see what they officially say for those that want to join in I recommend you go over to the Florida Garrison boards and sign up and request 501st access the picture submissions will begin April 1st

• Like 1

I've been a member on the FLG Boards for quite some time now, since I lived closer to a lot of Parjai events than Alabama Garrison events and Florida is where we currently plan to retire.

I've already posted my interest for the first weekend there! Looking forward to it!!

• Like 1

I've been a member on the FLG Boards for quite some time now, since I lived closer to a lot of Parjai events than Alabama Garrison events and Florida is where we currently plan to retire.

I've already posted my interest for the first weekend there! Looking forward to it!!

It's first come first serve don't know what the cap will be this year so get those pictures ready for the 1st of April.. Hope to see you there brother

Yeah, from reading last night, it looks pretty simple to get it done.  I'll probably take pictures this weekend.  So they're ready to post on Wednesday.

I'll be there for the first weekend, and looking to March on Saturday morning.  All I've got is my TK, so that will be it, and it's definitely been Trooped in since February first.  LoL.  I think that Lance said 170 was what they were looking for, and no theme days this year so TKs and CTs shouldn't be any real difficulty in getting slots.

I'll definitely be there, hotel is booked, airfare is paid for, I'm already planning to ship the TK to my resort in advance and carry the bucket.  Looking forward to seeing you there!

So you can have an idea what the pictures should look like

0FADB71C-F97A-4CF9-8418-41A8C5D65F9F_zps

B9141FB6-173C-48BB-8B90-95527EA31364_zps

F9C9E5CA-FC63-476C-870F-9902E6659EDD_zps

Also the side shots And the bucket off but I don't like sharing those

Edited by Tehcaveman
  • Like 1

LoL.. Lance asked for Full Front, Full Back, and Bucket off (with weapon) so that's what I'll send.

I don't expect any approval issues since they want "screen accurate" and I've just (FINALLY) completed Centurion.  LoL.  Should be pretty simple.

• Like 1