Visiting Seattle this Summer

cm325i

Hi Garrison Titan crew... I'll be visiting family in Seattle late June this year and wanted to see if there were any cons or gatherings that might be happening. I know I'll miss the big con, but even if some Garrison Titan folks want to get together for a beer or some food, that would be super cool. I'll be planning an outing to the SW costume exhibit while there as well. Hope to meet some new friends from the Northwest!

Clint

Hey Clint, you'll have a great trip as Seattle is gorgeous in June.  You'll dig the EMP exhibit as well.  I don't know of any cons or meetups we are planning during that time yet, but feel free to register on the GT boards.  That way you can keep an eye on our events and maybe have an easier time connecting when you're here.

• Like 1

Beautiful area... Definitely a lot of just breath-taking scenery - besides the exhibit. :D

If you're out towards Tacoma at all, head to University Place, and check out Steph's Pizza, and if you venture off to Olympia, hit up Wagner's European bakery! ;)

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 2

Yes, definitely sight seeing for sure. Also planning a day trip to Forks (for the GF) and another day trip to Astoria, OR (where they filmed Goonies). Huge Goonies fan!

• 1 month later...

After you go to the EMP exhibit, go on down to Pike Place Market and have lunch at the Pike Brewing Company.  I recommend their Kilt Lifter.

• Like 1

Yes, definitely sight seeing for sure. Also planning a day trip to Forks (for the GF) and another day trip to Astoria, OR (where they filmed Goonies). Huge Goonies fan!

In addition to Forks, you'll want to run down to "downtown" St. Helen's, Oregon as well.  Hit the View Point Inn, and Multnomah Falls, too.  

(Actual filming locations, as opposed to theoretical spots)

In addition to Forks, you'll want to run down to "downtown" St. Helen's, Oregon as well.  Hit the View Point Inn, and Multnomah Falls, too.  

(Actual filming locations, as opposed to theoretical spots)

Are you that big of a Twilight fan dude?! LOL!

We lived at Ft. Lewis for two years (Well, I was there for one) and we have read the books so we took a trip down to see the sights. 

Great scenery down there near St. Helen's, Twilight notwithstanding.     ;)

We didn't get to take our Astoria trip because of crap weather in the area for the weekend we planned to go.

• Like 1