Story behind your nickname

Snaps

That's just great! It's not a garage, it's a carriage house.

Great movie!

Greatest deed Luke Skywalker ever did was take down the Death Star, right? As far as I'm concerned, that's what everybody needs. You need that one bad-a$$ thing that lets you live on forever, you know.

- Hutch

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 1

In the late 1980's I was hanging out at a place named "B&H Motorcycles", I restored vintage bikes although back then it was more like "fixing up affordable bikes". We also rode as the B&H-MC, it was a combination of a bunch of clubs all coming together. Next door was a place known as "Billy Bob's Burgers and Beer" who boasted this "Belly Buster" thing which looked more like a tractor tire than a burger, but if you could eat it????? it was free!

We all loved this Billy Bob's place because the bartender Linda would only charge us one time per day for a pitcher of beer, she would refill it as many times as it came back to her empty.....FREE! They had a jukebox and two billiard tables. There was a jug of pickled peppers on the bar always, and one burger would feed four grown men! Ha ha!

Hung out in Billy Bob's most evenings until Harold (the "H" in B&H) would send the mechanic over to tell us to get our bikes out front because he was locking up shop (pretty much at lunch time we headed next door and left our motorcycles in or behind the shop).

One of the guys I rode with gave me a flask for Christmas of 89, it had the name Scootch engraved in it, he said because I like Scotch and my name is Scott and I ride "Scoots" that was my new name. It pretty much stuck. They all called me Scootch after that, even my wife.

I haven't seen Harold since the 1990's, last bike I restored was a 1968 BSA Lightning which I sold to a collector in 1999. I still ride em now and again when someone brings one by for a look. Funny thing though, all those guys I rode with....... they'd always bring bikes over and have me swap stuff around for new aftermarket stuff..... I ended up with box after box of Harley Davidson parts.... Finally a friend of mine opened a shop "D-Custom", and I saw my big chance to get loose from all that stuff.

D-Custom is still around but my friend Donnie is in Huntington Beach or something like that now with a Taco joint named "Sancho's".

The rest of my pals? Working for a Solar Energy Company, and me..... well I slowed down just a little bit. ;)

• Like 4

It's a reference to one of my all time favourite movie lines from one of my favourite movies (other than Star Wars of course), Army of Darkness. It's the classic line, "This is my BOOMSTICK!" Not a very interesting story at all, but I was surprised it wasn't already taken by someone

It's a reference to one of my all time favourite movie lines from one of my favourite movies (other than Star Wars of course), Army of Darkness. It's the classic line, "This is my BOOMSTICK!" Not a very interesting story at all, but I was surprised it wasn't already taken by someone

Well thank you for the info Adam. Just watched the trailer then ordered it on Netflix  :D

Edited by ukswrath

Living in Oklahoma (home of the Sooners), I'm a huge fan of Oklahoma University (OU) and one of the chants we do at Sooner football games is to have one half of the stadium yell, "BOOMER!" and the other half echoing "SOONER!".  My son is also a Freshman at OU, so a good portion of my money goes to OU as well.   ;) 

My hope is to one day have the other half of the stadium yelling "TROOPER!", but that's another talk show.  

• 4 years later...

Almost exactly five years ago this thread went through the roof.  Who remembers? :) 139 replies within two months only!

Many of us got to know each other a little better because of the stories behind the nicknames that were shared.

Scrolling through the pages now, many avatars and signatures bring back good memories.

Yes, since 2015 some members (sadly) left, but on the other hand a lot of new members joined. New members, that might not be aware of this thread, so I thought it could be fun to dig this out again. The topic says it all, so get on your keyboards. :D

• Like 4

Great idea to revisit this thread, Tino.

For me, I did nearly 9 years in consumer electronics sales, (TVs, home cinema etc) and really enjoyed installing our demonstration equipment. Lots of cabling, hence CableGuy. :-)

• Like 4

So in the wonderful days of my childhood minecraft came out I’m 20 so was when I was young I got suggested Nada469. Really close to my real name Nadas take on letter off easy and completely different meaning and no connection.

If you want a story for my real name being Nadas, a unique one named after a skater name Natas now you see why there is a d there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ok, I'll play.

Wook (from wookiee) is a nickname from my university days.  I had longer hair which I usually kept under a ball cap.  When I took said ball cap off... well... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmG1gCZMDPf5U1N760m28

I also had a decent wookiee howl. :dance: 

Years later I would  meet old Alumni who still didn't know my real name, just "Wook".

The 1138 part is because "wook" was already taken as a username. 

• Like 3

TK SPARTAN comes from one  of my favorite  VideoGame HALO,  The human Armored Super Soldiers are known as SPARTANS the main Character JHON 117   the Master Chief  also gave me the last part of my Legion ID 48117.

pCjCv7TFDPAYr3mxMMsmubyZk_20P7E9RT53cw2M

• Like 2

Mine is similar to Nadas, it was also for minecraft. I didn't really know what it should be at the moment but I knew I wanted 2 nouns and 1 verb in it.

First, for the nouns...

What do I like? Lego and Pokemon.

Verb? Maybe something I don't like?

Eating?

LEGOdonteatPokemon? To long...

LEGOeatPokemon, perfect! Noone would have that name!

(Lego uses big letters because thats how their logo has it)

• Like 4

Plain and simple. My name is Frank my badge number is 75-139. It’s just became a “username” for everything. Easy to remember, unique, and meant something.
I was just happy they had it as an actual TK number when I got in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Cool to see this thread, had no idea it was a thing!

Breaking down the name, it becomes 2 words:

Star and Trooper.

Star because I’ve always had a fascination with space, ever since I was little. And it’s in the title for Star Wars as well.

And Trooper, because well, you know;)

I also wanted a name that sounded something like stormtrooper, but slightly different.

• Like 4