Story behind your nickname

Snaps

Tony, I wouldn't take it too personal.  Wingnuts are nuts, but the world wouldn't be held together without us. I mean, them. :duim:

I don't want to get this off track more than it has, but the question was asked.  Here it is when it was new

Salt%20Bus%20New%20-%2007-1965_zpsigmzyx

And here is the current status. Not enough done yet and too much left to do. After I finish my Tusken, I will finish replacing the front floor board and both front valances, finish the brake job and then pull the engine. 

DSCN6788-SM_zpszkmkm6im.jpg

And now back to the regularly scheduled Awesome Thread!!!!    :dancing-trooper: 

that sir is a beauty! making a new thread youll like ;) 

My nickname. The name Tray was giving to me prior to birth. My name, if you have noticed on the legion boards, is Raymond Nichols born Raymond Dorsie Nichols III. Because I am a third Ray my dad always wanted to call me Tray. Unless I am filling out government documents I have gone by the name Tray since before I was born.

• Like 4

My nickname. The name Tray was giving to me prior to birth. My name, if you have noticed on the legion boards, is Raymond Nichols born Raymond Dorsie Nichols III. Because I am a third Ray my dad always wanted to call me Tray. Unless I am filling out government documents I have gone by the name Tray since before I was born.

All pun intended, whenever I see a name with a numerical suffix I always think of the Dijon Mustard commercial, "Pardon me but do you have any Grey Poupon?"  I know, I'm just a commoner.  :D

Edited by ukswrath

Well if there was a story behind my "nickname" I'd tell but.... :smiley-sw013:

My gamertag though is Chloro. No history behind it. Just thought it sounded nice on the tongue. I'd change my nickname to Chloro but 'evan_loh' has been pretty cemented already.

• Like 1

Daetrin is from "The Madness Season", by C.S. Friedman. One of my all time favorite books, and Daetrin is my favorite character.

• Like 4

Mine is from Mark Cotton and my house number. Also my game tag , started of as MCT when I used to play arcade games then it was just Mcott when like most people i started playing lan games now use it for everything. Half Life happy days.

• Like 2

I mean the nut that holds helo blades on...not the religious type.

I worked on OH-58's (Bell Jet Rangers) for 7 years and we did indeed call it the Jesus Nut. Man, some great stories on here - reaffirms my love for you all :)

• Like 3

I worked on OH-58's (Bell Jet Rangers) for 7 years and we did indeed call it the Jesus Nut. Man, some great stories on here - reaffirms my love for you all :)

Dude you say the innards of airwolf....lucky.

To add to this, it seems the troopers of the Canadian Garrison have started another trend of having nicknames for a member's kids/spouses, heh.

Our dear Clamps has his two little Clamplets.

Narc has Mrs. Narc and the Narclings.

And now our newly appointed FISD XO, Squeaky, has his collection of Squeakettes.

lol :D

• Like 4

To add to this, it seems the troopers of the Canadian Garrison have started another trend of having nicknames for a member's kids/spouses, heh.

And now our newly appointed FISD XO, Squeaky, has his collection of Squeakettes.

That is awesome!

I was a Radio Operator in the United States Marine Corps and my Callsign was " RAZORBLADE 4 " The "4" meant that I was a Corporal or E-4 .. so.. to incorporate that I made the "A's" into "4's" and that's how it became R4ZORBL4DE 

• Like 2

being a part of forums with my wife for many many years, she went by swtcheeks for a while, then it got changed to just swts. Our kids are commonly called polarpups, or swtslings lol. 

• Like 3

A bunch of the Canadian Garrison members were out for an after-troop-dinner. I wasn't even there... Somebody was creeping my Facebook page, pulled up my profile pic, showed the picture (seen here) across the table and a bunch of people all chimed in, in unison, NARC.

THE REST IS HISTORY!

And as Pickles mentioned, I am also commonly seen with Mrs Narc and the Narclings!

For the record... I am NOT a member of law enforcement... :)

post-17487-142613046927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Narc
  • Like 6

Khazid has been an RPG name I have used since the very first dice hit the table back in the 80's playing D&D. I remember searching the name at that time I found a reference that meant "Bringer of God's Wrath", I thought that was perfect for a Dark Elf Wizard.

As the years progressed I joined the Beta for SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and Khazid morphed into a twilek droid engineer. I met some new and dear friends that are a part of The Crescent Order, a gaming group that still exists to this day, though I retired from them back in 2010.

So Khazid is always with me, it's a part of me, and for my closest friends; it is the moniker you know me by. Often shortened to Khaz, or Krazy Khaz, it all works.

• Like 1

when i signed up in FISD i used the nickname WideAMG which is what i use on car forums.

This just describes my summer car, a wide bodied AMG 5.0L coupe.

2002-07-142006.56.26.jpg

As Pickles explained, the Canadian garrison picks your nickname. If you try to pick your own then you will be rewarded with a nasty one. 

I was on my 3rd troop and a group of us was coming in from the cold street suited up and walking through an empty convention center. Because my armour was new, and clean, and tight, and cold, it began to squeak as we walked back. Not a mousy squeak but like a streetcar squeak. Vader was laughing and called squeaky, TKs seconded and third it.

Dam, now i had to rename all my shirts

• Like 5

when i signed up in FISD i used the nickname WideAMG which is what i use on car forums.

This just describes my summer car, a wide bodied AMG 5.0L coupe.

As Pickles explained, the Canadian garrison picks your nickname. If you try to pick your own then you will be rewarded with a nasty one. 

I was on my 3rd troop and a group of us was coming in from the cold street suited up and walking through an empty convention center. Because my armour was new, and clean, and tight, and cold, it began to squeak as we walked back. Not a mousy squeak but like a streetcar squeak. Vader was laughing and called squeaky, TKs seconded and third it.

Dam, now i had to rename all my shirts

AMG, your summer car!? alright no bragging  :laugh1:

I'm probably going to get a bashing for the this but, I'm glad you north of the border troopers have a sense of humor, it appears you're getting the short end of the deal when it comes to forum names.  :smiley-sw013: Does make for a great laugh though.  :peace:

• Like 6