Story behind your nickname

Snaps

I was heavily into World of Warcraft before I quit to become heavily into the 501st. My last main's name was Rezori so it was the first handle I signed up with. (Shadow priest ftw!)

In hindsight I wished I had used my old art handle of 'Gadzoox!' As it more represents my personality... Buuuuut it's too late now. I have a garrison shirt with Rezori on it. :(

Love this thread - great idea!

Edited by Rezori
  • Like 2

I was in a band in '97-"99, (we never recorded anything) and we wanted cool sounding names at the time, I played (and still do, but not in a band anymore) a 7 strings guitar and also sang so v7sg is short for Vocals & 7 Strings Guitar. Nobody else had it so I kinda stuck with it

• Like 3

I was in a band in '97-"99, (we never recorded anything) and we wanted cool sounding names at the time, I played (and still do, but not in a band anymore) a 7 strings guitar and also sang so v7sg is short for Vocals & 7 Strings Guitar. Nobody else had it so I kinda stuck with it

7 strings guitar, Steve Vai fan?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I was heavily into World of Warcraft before I quit to become heavily into the 501st. My last main's name was Rezori so it was the first handle I signed up with. (Shadow priest ftw!)

In hindsight I wished I had used my old art handle of 'Gadzoox!' As it more represents my personality... Buuuuut it's too late now. I have a garrison shirt with Rezori on it. :(

Love this thread - great idea!

always the hockey jerseys.....

When I originally signed up to the forum I was Eng76 - my first email address from the mid 90's. As I got more & more into the Star Wars theme I tried to find a name that was SW relevant.

I was at my best friends place for dinner, and had mentioned my search for a suitable moniker, as well as my progress on my TK. Someone (drunkenly) suggested that I need not worry about the armour - I was big enough to go as a wookie (not needing a costume). I protested that, hairy as I am, I'm still not quite hirsute enough to be a wookie, the retort was "Shaved Wookie"

Possibly should mention that I wasn't drinking (6991 days sober today), I blame it all on my friends.

Awesome thread - thanks Snaps

• Like 5

I carry my nick since first grade, that would be forty years now ...

Good god, really?

I was as thin as a beanstalk, so i was called "bohne", which means "bean" in german (like Tex "bean" Avery, famous cartoon director).

When I entered universty I dropped the "h", for whatever reason. I sign my work with that name.

And, yes, I have heard all the funny english variations of bone ...

I am known as bone to friends and family and also my mother uses that nick.

Only exception are my wife and daughters.

Being a graphic- and comic artist, it is quite useful to have an uncommon name that sticks.

So, no skulls and bones, more of a vegetable.

Edited by Bone
  • Like 6

Mine is super boring. Growing up with a few siblings anytime I played a videogame,I always used my real name as my save file. That stuck with me long after we all grew up and moved away from each other. When I got my first online games console(Xbox360) I followed suit and again just used my name.It was taken, so I just stuck 1138 on the end.

Been my gamertag ever since, and screenname for any messageboards afterwards. I have about a half dozen other usernames for boards I had signed upto before then...

• Like 1

Mine is super boring. Growing up with a few siblings anytime I played a videogame,I always used my real name as my save file. That stuck with me long after we all grew up and moved away from each other. When I got my first online games console(Xbox360) I followed suit and again just used my name.It was taken, so I just stuck 1138 on the end.

Been my gamertag ever since, and screenname for any messageboards afterwards. I have about a half dozen other usernames for boards I had signed upto before then...

I feel your pain...lol  :laugh1:

I've always liked airplanes.  My dad brought home a Piper Tri-Pacer to rebuild in our garage when I was 4. Since then, I've been hanging around airports. Got my private pilot license after college, but haven't flown in too many years.  . For some people, having boats and hanging at the marina is a norm. For me, it is airplanes. 

So, I've always used 'wingnut' in some form.  Kinda a like plane-crazy.  It fits me!   The 65 is for my family's 1965 VW Bus (11-window Kombi) that I am restoring in my garage.  OK, its really on the back burner until I can get a couple costumes completed!

BTW, Thank's, Snaps for starting this.  There are so many time's I've wondered about some of these names.

• Like 2

I've always liked airplanes.  My dad brought home a Piper Tri-Pacer to rebuild in our garage when I was 4. Since then, I've been hanging around airports. Got my private pilot license after college, but haven't flown in too many years.  . For some people, having boats and hanging at the marina is a norm. For me, it is airplanes. 

So, I've always used 'wingnut' in some form.  Kinda a like plane-crazy.  It fits me!   The 65 is for my family's 1965 VW Bus (11-window Kombi) that I am restoring in my garage.  OK, its really on the back burner until I can get a couple costumes completed!

BTW, Thank's, Snaps for starting this.  There are so many time's I've wondered about some of these names.

11-window Kombi ? Dude, I am sooooooo jealous. Have any pics?  :duim: 

BTW my dad used to call me wingnut. I was cool with it until I grew up and realized what a wingnut was. Then I asked him why he nickname me after car part? He had no answer. In my opinion I think was because he was into muscle cars being from Detroit and I was a bit of a spaz when I was a kid, well still am a bit but that's another story :D. So you take an automotive part and a crazy kid that was dirty most of the time and what do you get, a wingnut. :laugh1:  

• Like 2

I mean the nut that holds helo blades on...not the religious type.

Oh, haha never heard that terminology used before, interesting. I can see how that would be confusion for a kid on many levels. 

Oh, haha never heard that terminology used before, interesting. I can see how that would be confusion for a kid on many levels. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_nut

When they train airframe techs we have a helo simulator so that the tech understands collective and cyclic and rudder pedals.   when he's got it all straight...the senior tech hits the red button.  the pin blows out, and the simulator counter rotates and drops about 15 inches on springs.  "JESUS.................."   is often exclaimed. i've seen people pee. and worse.

I've also heard the term used in rock climbing and mountaineering....the Jesus Nut is the first protection point places by a lead climber...and not only do we need it to avoid downwards failure... but an outwards one too.  its the first thing placed and the last thing that will save lives...other than your belaying partner.  i've seen people pee...and worse.

as previously stated i'm not christian...but i have on many occasions thanked Jesus for not falling out of the sky in more than one sense...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_nut

When they train airframe techs we have a helo simulator so that the tech understands collective and cyclic and rudder pedals.   when he's got it all straight...the senior tech hits the red button.  the pin blows out, and the simulator counter rotates and drops about 15 inches on springs.  "JESUS.................."   is often exclaimed. i've seen people pee. and worse.

I've also heard the term used in rock climbing and mountaineering....the Jesus Nut is the first protection point places by a lead climber...and not only do we need it to avoid downwards failure... but an outwards one too.  its the first thing placed and the last thing that will save lives...other than your belaying partner.  i've seen people pee...and worse.

as previously stated i'm not christian...but i have on many occasions thanked Jesus for not falling out of the sky in more than one sense...

Well now, that is certainly interesting. If I were you I'd be careful when in the vicinity of hazardous equipment or athletic activities. Too often it seems during these moments you were in the presents of individuals wetting themselves or worse  :duim:     

• Like 1