AM 2.0 vs. NE

Wait, are you saying the NE armor that I have from them was recast? Or their NE armor was recast by a third party, so they made a new set of armor to replace it?

I have a friend who is in contact with them right now and they're wanting to sell him the AM 2.0 kit. I'm asking the question of how it compares to the NE kit I have, because that's the one he originally wanted.

NE was made by recasting RS without permission. See the thread about it in the recast section of the forum (near the bottom of the front page). That's why AM2 exists. As an improved but legit alternative.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Technically NE is more accurate but it too has some serious quirks that many of the original buyers had no understanding of and thus built it incorrectly. For a beginners armour AM2 is better suited.

I'm really proud of the AM guys for putting out AM 2.0 after being called out for recasting.

Rumor has it that the chest will be an improvement. I look forward to seeing it.

Even if you own an NE there is no reason you shouldn't wear it proudly. It only matters that you troop your an impolite person off in it.

-Eric

• Like 3

Thanks for the good info guys!

On 2/20/2015 at 12:44 AM, Darth Aloha said:

Rumor has it that the chest will be an improvement. I look forward to seeing it.

Here's a picture of the chest piece of the AM2 armor, taken directly from their Photobucket:

XoxnKX2.jpg

I'm not sure about that funny little intended ridge going on there. Thoughts, guys?

Here's a link tot he rest of their photo album:
--------------

Honestly, coming from a proud owner of an NE kit, aside from the chest is looks pretty much the same. Price is the same and everything too.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

NE was made by recasting RS without permission. See the thread about it in the recast section of the forum (near the bottom of the front page). That's why AM2 exists. As an improved but legit alternative.

From the pictures I see on that thread, it looks like RS recast NE. Not the other way around, as you're stating...

From the pictures I see on that thread, it looks like RS recast NE. Not the other way around, as you're stating...

If you think so, I suggest you read up some more on the origins of RS.

I may just be ignorant to this area of expertise as well. I thought if the RS armor fits perfectly on top of the NE armor, and has softer details than the NE armor does, that would make RS the recast piece. Like it was just cast right over the NE parts.

But that may not be how it works. I just build the armor, I don't know how to pull it  :blink:

I may just be ignorant to this area of expertise as well. I thought if the RS armor fits perfectly on top of the NE armor, and has softer details than the NE armor does, that would make RS the recast piece. Like it was just cast right over the NE parts.

But that may not be how it works. I just build the armor, I don't know how to pull it  :blink:

NE has sharpened details. But that was made after the moulds have been taken.

RS is made from the only original ANH armour in private hands that has been moulded and kits made of. And that suit is still in the possession of the guys at RS.

Yeah I would say so if that's the only two options.

I was thinking this same thought.  I have always been under the thought that AM was for larger troopers.  So if AM 2.0 still is for larger troopers then is your friend a bigger trooper Caleb?  Have you looked at other options if he isn't?  If you were going for a fit like NE then wouldn't you be looking for something more screen derived?

I was thinking this same thought.  I have always been under the thought that AM was for larger troopers.  So if AM 2.0 still is for larger troopers then is your friend a bigger trooper Caleb?  Have you looked at other options if he isn't?  If you were going for a fit like NE then wouldn't you be looking for something more screen derived?

AM 2 can fit larger troopers, but can also be trimmed down to fit almost any size body. I have this kit built to EIB. I love it. If you want a sturdy kit for trooping (and screen accuracy isn't super important), I recommend it for the price and availability.

Agreed. I like screen accuracy, but I LOVE an in-universe, "fresh off the line" look that the NE armor gave in it's boxy robot edges and perfectly smooth cap and back on the helmet.

That's what he likes as well. The lack of imperfections that the original suits had in mold screwups and what have you. That's why he wanted to get the NE kit like mine.

I told him to order the AM2 kit if he wants to. We'll get a better look at everything once it gets in. I'm sure as soon as he gets it on his doorstep he'll be at my place ready to start building :)

Uhm, NE has far more imperfections than AM by your definition.

Touche ;)

If you look closely to the CRL pics showing JUST the chest plate for the TKs,  its also got that funky ridge so I see no problem with this new kit's chest plate passing Imperial Inspection.  :duim:

I notice that now, thanks for pointing it out!  :duim:

I'm working on an AM 2.0 build now, and there a number of small oddities. I was also at an armor party recently with folks with NE armor, and their kits were very similar to mine.

As in white and shiny?