Hearing kit speaker placements?

I am doing my helmet research and all that fun stuff. asking questions here and there and have another one for you guys.

I have seen posts on the mic in the ears and in the hove mic speakers and not sure what one is right for me so I ask:

Hearing kit speaker placement, What do you guys use/like and why?

I ask this because at the moment I am thinking of the hearing mics in the ear bumps and later upgrading my voice amp system to Hovi Mic Speakers for a frontal projection of sound

Also, For the mics for the hearing aids I can just buy this

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Ear-Amplifier-Kit-MK-136/dp/B0006HJSLE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1419393726&sr=1-2&keywords=velleman+kit

And remove the mics and hook them to what, 24 gauge wires for placment of where ever, yes?

I places my hearing system mics in the last open teeth on either side. They fit perfectly and being black you would never know they were mics when looking at the bucket. no need for any new holes to be creates and easy to install or remove. 

• Like 1

The kit from Amazon is the the system you want.  Just don't attach the mics to the board like you stated.  On Ukswrath's build he drilled holes underneath the ear pieces, glued in the mics then drilled smaller holes in one of the rank tabs on each ear to let sound in.

Yes, that kit will work exactly.  I would think that 24 guage wire would work perfectly.  Outside of the possibility that the battery box is connected to the board, it looks just like the Radio Shack kit (which is more expensive anyway).  As Pat said, UKswrath put his mics in his ears, and that's probably the best possible option.  

I'm not sure how well the "stereo effect" is from the frown mounted mics, but others can weigh in on that for you.  I can say that in either the ears, or the traps, you get a very clear indication of where the sound is coming from, directionally.

My system is installed like so:
-------

Microphones in the traps, behind the brow trim.

--------

Here you can see both the battery box (left) and EAS system (right) in the top of the helmet and the speakers (green circles) behind the batteries for my Echo fan system, just behind my ears actually in the back section of the helmet.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

For me the frown the stereo effect was great. The sound focus comparable to what your peripheral vision would be not in bucket. But you still get plenty of stuff from outside of that.

• Like 1

Just a heads up... I purchased the same kit from Radio Shack locally, and since most of their stores are closing down I picked it up for $$8.00 (was 50% off).  If you have any local stores I'd look into it.  I wish they'd had more than one :/

Brian

• Like 1

Just a heads up... I purchased the same kit from Radio Shack locally, and since most of their stores are closing down I picked it up for $$8.00 (was 50% off).  If you have any local stores I'd look into it.  I wish they'd had more than one :/

Brian

$8 holy smokes that's half price, I may have to look into getting a couple from my local store.

• Like 1

Yes, that kit will work exactly.  I would think that 24 guage wire would work perfectly.  Outside of the possibility that the battery box is connected to the board, it looks just like the Radio Shack kit (which is more expensive anyway).  As Pat said, UKswrath put his mics in his ears, and that's probably the best possible option.  

I'm not sure how well the "stereo effect" is from the frown mounted mics, but others can weigh in on that for you.  I can say that in either the ears, or the traps, you get a very clear indication of where the sound is coming from, directionally.

Tim your helmet is disgustingly neat and organized, you need to do something about it :laugh1:  

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Tim your helmet is disgustingly neat and organized, you need to do something about it :laugh1:  

Yeah... Those exposed wires for the EAS drive me crazy.  ;)  LoL

• Like 1

Lid looks BAWS Tim! 

Ive got the same system but yet to install it. I tried setting it up once, but kept getting crazy feedback. Not sure if im ready to put a hole through my bucket yet for the mics. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Hans!!

You should take a look at Tony's helmet build. His EAS Installation has the mics in the ears. Very brilliantly executed, and far less nerve-wracking, I'm sure.

• Like 1