Evan's AM 2.0 Build

Evan The Destroyer

1 Week ago the Big Box Arrived at by door, 

post-22243-0-29269400-1424277486_thumb.jpgpost-22243-0-60810400-1424277484_thumb.jpgpost-22243-0-52984000-1424277485_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, I had to leave lovely NJ for the Bahamas for a week :/ poor me.

While working here I have been doing tons of research & put together another $500+ shopping list for when I get home.

EAS, IComm, Echo fans, EvilBoy TD Clips, TKittell Belt, & many more toys.

I will be starting with my Bucket shortly after I get home to Hoth, & plan on documenting every step along the way, using all the great techniques I have found from all the great troopers on this board.

Stay Frosty Troopers & Greetings from Paradise Island!

-James- 

post-22243-0-87675400-1424277485_thumb.jpg

(still figuring out that picture posting thing lol!)

Hey we share the same name! All the best in your build and I hope you throughly enjoy it. As there's a common saying here measure twice cut once. Also, don't worry about asking silly questions, if there's a decision you're not sure about just ask. It may save you from making a grave error!

• Like 1

What's up dude, our local NER guys will be watching this with you as well!  As you know we have two other NJ guys building the AM 2.0 kits as we speak, so this will be great seeing a third join our ranks!

Good luck with your build! Just finished my AM kit and got approved recently.

Take your time with the forearms - they're super tricky since they don't have the built in ridge for the strips. stock up on rare earth magnets - theyll save ur life.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, but I promised myself to take my time with this, my deadline is Ep 7 release.

OK, I deided to start with the bucket, joining the cap & back first.

A3uGrBo.jpg

I drilled & filed out the teeth, This was my first Dremel work EVER. I was So Nervous.

Then, on the mask & thought the Hovi Mic areas were pretty thin...

87ugH9O.jpg

so, I created some tabs to reinforce the tips fastening area.

PWmXpWC.jpg

placed them then melted/moulded them to fit over the inside of the tips.

BqOi5vd.jpg

then I filled all the gaps (in & out) with white caulk. The border on the cap & back was not good enough for me.

Time for a bath...

v1mNNmA.jpg

Now we let it dry for a few days & mask for interior paint (plasti-dip)

7i4Umoe.jpg

t7ZTTsu.jpg

FWw3w1s.jpg

2 coats of plasti-dip

RHcVJz3.jpg

Then using only the factory divets...  drilled & joined 

uymv3Zq.jpg

I put the ears on shortly after, pix to come later, I hope. :)

T816QPT.jpg

Edited by Evan The Destroyer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of posts, real life gets in the way sometimes.

I have ordered stuff from TrooperBay to complete the bucket, & have my arms trimmed with return edges removed at the wrist.

I removed return edges from one shin, the other tomorrow. (Yes I have the sides right)

My Dremel tool sanding skills & technique are improving along the way.  

Once the TB shipment comes in I will paint the Hovis & mount. dis-assemble bucket, fine tune ears, countersink screws (by hand) & prep for painting.

I have the "Rock" eyebrow effect from using the pre designed hole divets, but till now compensated by having the trim tight on one side & down on the other.

A shim or two on the right (my right) should compensate and almost correct the problem.

I am so hesitant to proceed without the essential parts for sizing, like latex hand plates & boots, that I am frozen by fear of cutting too much.

I will post pix this weekend, I promise

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!    I was just about to glue my forearm pieces, sized to squeeze my hands & rubber gloves w/ flex hand armor, and I saw someone on the 501st Rose Bowl documentary have VELCRO on their forearms!

Is that OK?

OK for Centurion?

I need to know! :56pullhair:

Q7fjJPH.jpg

I have re enforcing strips  glued on both inside edges.

JylhmyK.jpg

Like so...

67T0VLq.jpg

I can get a better fit IF, I can do a clam shell like the calves with Velcro.

8CoGHTe.jpg

I have not seen anyone do a velcro clamshell on the forearms on this forum...  :unsure:

I just want to size my armor the best I can.

t0TwWjp.jpg

Help me 501st, you are my only hope.

No velcro on the forearms;  glue em shut!  You can put your gloves on after they are on, you should make them just tight enough for your arm with undersuit on to squeeze in them.  

Most people then keep these always snapped and attached to the bicep piece, which is already attached to the shoulder piece.   You slip all three pieces on at once and snap in the shoulders, ready to rock! 

• 6 months later...

I haven't been here in several months, work & life happens :/   sorry guys.
Bucket, chest & arms done, (minus finishing strips) but I wanted you guys to know I have 2 sets on order from Anovos.
Because what is better than a set of trooper armor...2! & what is even better?  A Shadow trooper set too!
There seems to be a boot shortage lately with Imperial Boots closed till Jan 16, but I found a pair on Amazon...Link-
http://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Trooper-12-Combat-Polyurethane-Medium/dp/B00IK6Q30W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448504632&sr=8-1&keywords=Funtasma+Men%27s+Trooper-12+Combat+Boot
Also got Shadow trooper boots from Zappo's  - Link -
http://www.zappos.com/giorgio-brutini-conner-black
Just an FYI.  Still ordering from Imperial boots in January, since I will have 3 suits next year.
Happy Thanksgiving to All, & see you on the 17th :)

Glad to see you back at the build man!  

I see the white boots you posted in the link... they should be fine for basic approval but with the seam in the front they would prevent you from higher status like EIB or Centurion.  I know because I used my old boots in my new build (they were from like 2006) and forgot about that little detail hahaha!  I have to wait for new ones before I get my EIB badge :)