reading about mic systems

I have been reading about the helmet electronics and sadly I am not much of a visual learner.

I can read and read and not understand some info.but this IS what I have learned.

there are 3 overall systems.

Mic/voice amplification

Hearing aids

and cooling systems (fans)

people sell 'kits' for these systems are ranging prices.

The top fave for Voice amp is the ICom and Aker moduals.

Now, I have not seen much on the hearing systems. could somebody point me into that derection as well as letting me know if there is anything else I am missing?

I have been reading about the helmet electronics and sadly I am not much of a visual learner.

I can read and read and not understand some info.but this IS what I have learned.

there are 3 overall systems.

Mic/voice amplification

Hearing aids

and cooling systems (fans)

people sell 'kits' for these systems are ranging prices.

The top fave for Voice amp is the ICom and Aker moduals.

Now, I have not seen much on the hearing systems. could somebody point me into that derection as well as letting me know if there is anything else I am missing?

The most common hearing kits are either DIY, or there's a guy that sells the same DIY kit built and ready to go. Head over to the 'helmet electronics" posts

Eas sells complete systems...mics speakers and battery pack. Another is the uproar found on the mando merc site. Its designed for use with earbuds.

Eas sells complete systems...mics speakers and battery pack. Another is the uproar found on the mando merc site. Its designed for use with earbuds.

Wow the Uproar is 1/4 the cost of the EAS system sold here, though it's using a different circuit board than I've seen. Must find out who the MFG is.    

I have 5 eas and 2 uproars...ill have to do a bucket test and see what helps my ears better. The eas does come speakers and high sensativity mics and you can use the speakers or headset.

I have 5 eas and 2 uproars...ill have to do a bucket test and see what helps my ears better. The eas does come speakers and high sensativity mics and you can use the speakers or headset.

Does the Uproar circuit board look MFG built or like a enthusiast board?

BTW why so many hearing aids? Curious

Edited by ukswrath

Does the Uproar circuit board look MFG built or like a enthusiast board?

BTW why so many hearing aids? Curious

Tk x2 tusken mando boba pilot and spares.

Well fett and mando are in the build stage now. Taking a backseat to house selling. But I like to have stuff on the shelf when I need it.

lol, if "Tk x2 tusken mando boba pilot and spares" doesn't constitute "...have stuff on the shelf when I need it" I don't know what does  :laugh1: 

Well I bought fans and audio in bulk knowing what I needed for a couple of years. My current wearable costumes are jawa tusken tk when I fix it soon 181 pilot soon tk be baron fel reserve pilot and imp officer. Jesi and endor trooper in the works...fett and scout 80% done...mando merc and a new custm 501st I hope costume...yeah. then i have 5 years of school...ill be ready. Oh and a tx medic this summer.

Edited by sylverbard

Well I bought fans and audio in bulk knowing what I needed for a couple of years. My current wearable costumes are jawa tusken tk when I fix it soon 181 pilot soon tk be baron fel reserve pilot and imp officer. Jesi and endor trooper in the works...fett and scout 80% done...mando merc and a new custm 501st I hope costume...yeah. then i have 5 years of school...ill be ready. Oh and a tx medic this summer.

Impressive   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: