Heavy Weapons Trooper Pack Completed

Templar726

My pack is built and ready to apply for HWT status as soon as my leather pouches arrive. I need to give a big shout out to Quartermaster for inspiring me to build this and leading the way with his amazing packs. I also need to thank Ukswrath for support and the great build thread. I will post my build thread once I submit to the GA. Garrison. Hope you like it and if you have any questions on specific pieces or "How To" help is needed I will help if I can. Troopers helping Troopers is what it is all about!! I added a pick of me testing the weight of the completed pack. I am not sure the neighbors quite understand my hobby :)

post-21484-0-23039300-1424111182_thumb.jpg

post-21484-0-53446800-1424111183_thumb.jpg

post-21484-0-17251900-1424111184_thumb.jpg

post-21484-0-89218800-1424111184_thumb.jpg

post-21484-0-93173600-1424111185_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

This is the beginning of the HWT backpack CRL endorsement thread. Good thing we don't have different packs like the TDs... Whew!  :blink:

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Personally I feel that the HWT packs out there could up the bar just ever so slightly

from my viewpoint, I like the builds that I have seen, but the scale seems to be off just slightly in width, height, thickness and

side panel details.  some of the aspects have been idealized, with little attention paid to replicating the shapes more accurately.

the handle feature at the top of some of the packs actually in my view should be solid, not a handle shape.

Since it's a video game render, and we're shooting at the walls, I really wish that our community would come up with a pack

that is the accurate size, shape and has the correct scale.  and personally as a trooper with back, neck and body problems I can't

see how I could wear an actual pack with much weight on it.  I'm thinking about a foam pack.

still good work.. and can someone please go all the way with an HWT pack build.

(lightweight and accurate.  and no, it does not have to actually be a pack. just solid)

actual packs seem too heavy for me.

Personally I feel that the HWT packs out there could up the bar just ever so slightly

from my viewpoint, I like the builds that I have seen, but the scale seems to be off just slightly in width, height, thickness and

side panel details.  some of the aspects have been idealized, with little attention paid to replicating the shapes more accurately.

the handle feature at the top of some of the packs actually in my view should be solid, not a handle shape.

Since it's a video game render, and we're shooting at the walls, I really wish that our community would come up with a pack

that is the accurate size, shape and has the correct scale.  and personally as a trooper with back, neck and body problems I can't

see how I could wear an actual pack with much weight on it.  I'm thinking about a foam pack.

still good work.. and can someone please go all the way with an HWT pack build.

(lightweight and accurate.  and no, it does not have to actually be a pack. just solid)

actual packs seem too heavy for me.

Well Vern if it's any consolation I heard a rumor of a new Battlefront game due out sometime. Maybe at that time when the images are cleaner we'll have a better idea of how to build them, unlike TD where there's actually something to copy from.

What do you mean by go all the way? 

Edited by ukswrath

It is hard to see in my pics but I did try and add some side detail to the radio box. I used all the screen grabs and came up with some strips that would catch the light to shade the side the way the grabs look. I agree about the top handle should be solid. I was going to close it in and add some details but it makes it oh so easy to carry. I may just build a piece that slides over the handle for when I am trooping. Mine is very light weight. The oil pan base is hollow and is concave on the inside to fit over the OII.

I have had a few inquires into where I got the main back pack base unit. Here is some general info before the build thread is complete:

The oil pan is at Bavarian Autosport ( Search for product # 616, Oil Change Pan, 16 Quart. $12.95 and just $ 19.00 total shipped). The boxes are project enclosures from radio shack. Riveted onto pack before covers were added. The details on the boxes are cut from black sticky back floor linoleum tiles ($0.88) from Lowes. Plate on 1.5" tube is a 2" piece of pipe cut to shape, then little strips of ABS were heated and bent to match curve and glued. The angled box was hand cut and reassembled. Radio box is two project boxes bolted together and riveted to pack before face was applied (black sticky back floor linoleum tiles).

I will get my build thread up soon.

Thanks
Charles. TK 72627

Next step TK HWT EIB  :jc_doublethumbup:

Yep! I'm working like an ant every night to get ready.

Last night I worked on my belt for the HWT. I am going to use the same plastic belt for both kits but had to have a new cavnvas belt without the holster bolted on and the two ammo puches attached. Duplicated the snaps from the original belt and all fitted well. Since I can't find a supplier to provide just the plastic belt without buying a whole kit I removed my drop boxes and re-worked the elastic to attach by velcro hidden by the belt strip so I can remove them when HWT'ing. Also aded home made square buttons on the belt per the Gazmosos tutorial. Not sure if my armor will make the EIB but I am going to give it a shot hopefully within the next two weeks.

Yep! I'm working like an ant every night to get ready.

Last night I worked on my belt for the HWT. I am going to use the same plastic belt for both kits but had to have a new cavnvas belt without the holster bolted on and the two ammo puches attached. Duplicated the snaps from the original belt and all fitted well. Since I can't find a supplier to provide just the plastic belt without buying a whole kit I removed my drop boxes and re-worked the elastic to attach by velcro hidden by the belt strip so I can remove them when HWT'ing. Also aded home made square buttons on the belt per the Gazmosos tutorial. Not sure if my armor will make the EIB but I am going to give it a shot hopefully within the next two weeks.

I have two complete belt sets one for the TK the other HWT. Terrell at ATA will sell you just the ammo belt with the rivet covers if you're interested.

Velcro removable drop boxes, cleaver.  :duim:

Look forward to seeing your post. It's getting lonely up here, need some company :smiley-sw013:  :D  

Thanks again Tony. I dropped him a PM. Question for you: would you recomend the charcoal dust mock up for the armor for the pics or dive in full and build a seperate kit. I was worried the armor may not clean up if I really mock it up good for submittal.

Thanks again Tony. I dropped him a PM. Question for you: would you recomend the charcoal dust mock up for the armor for the pics or dive in full and build a seperate kit. I was worried the armor may not clean up if I really mock it up good for submittal.

Whatever you decide to do remember, less is better. You want to look as if you've wandering around in battle, not bathing in it :D. I like to think of myself as a respectable sandtrooper  :laugh1:  

• Like 1