TK-88118 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [AP][441]

HansDC

Oh man...my armour is so beat compared to the rest of the EIB submissions. I hope all the ABS goop repairs are ok ..:(

Details:

Name: Hans-Donovan Cheong 

Legion ID: TK-88118

Garrison: Terror Australis Garrison 

Forum Username: HansDC

Armour/Blaster:

Armour - AP
Helmet - AP
Blaster - Doopy Doos full resin kit with modified parts

Optional:

Height - 5ft 11' 
Weight - 170lbs
Boots - TK Boots
Canvas belt - Trooperbay
Hand Plates - Trooperbay
Electronics - iComm x Aker 
Neck Seal - Veedox
Holster - Gazmosis

Undersuit - Extreme Racing One Piece 

PS. The reason my back cover strip for my thighs are so large (50mm) was because I botched building them and cut both thighs too small. Had to do an emergency extension work. 

Photos:

Full Body Front

VFsJVU.jpg

Full Body Rear
po5oKt.jpg

Full Body Left

GobRxD.jpg

Full Body Right

gsj3GZ.jpg

Side Detail Left

vWxjPR.jpg

Side Detail Right

cmnhDm.jpg

AB Plate Detail

sZQ9P9.jpg

Helmet

EhgNYy.jpg

96AOTD.jpg

wXynON.jpg

xtNEyP.jpg

q6ZcBo.jpg

doa0JI.jpg

25fDPI.jpg

Inside Strapping

GxiaKc.jpg

Crotch/Butt

cUveNb.jpg

Shoulder Strap Elastics

BtolH3.jpg

Shoulder/Bicep/Arm

m86pKS.jpg

Ammo Pack 

XVY2Ic.jpg

Sniper Plate

AQqz2N.jpg

cSGh5f.jpg

Thermal Detonator

guRz8Q.jpg

ZVojEb.jpg

Neck Seal

9SWpKo.jpg

Rubber Hand Plates

YIG7yZ.jpg

E-11 Blaster

mffMnk.jpg

CpWoU7.jpg

oip9OC.jpg

bebvPo.jpg

X90a4a.jpg

You rocked it- great job!  Bum deal about the thighs;  will let others chime in if you need the shins to match, but prob not.  I had the same problem on the kidney, ab, with them not lining up together on the top.  I added a tight strap to keep them level.  

Good luck! 

• Like 1

You rocked it- great job!  Bum deal about the thighs;  will let others chime in if you need the shins to match, but prob not.  I had the same problem on the kidney, ab, with them not lining up together on the top.  I added a tight strap to keep them level.  

Good luck! 

Im having a little difficulty with them (the kidney/back) having the tendency to slide up. It fit really good the first few times, but after a couple troops and many outings in it, its started to slide up. Tried longer shoulder strapping and longer/shorter straps all around but still haven't been able to fine tune it to look perfectly aligned. As far as comfort its not an issue. A tiny tug of the sides and its back in position. 

Also tried a few different ways of holding thighs up with garter and also snapped directly to abdomen. Not sure which is better but the snaps to the abs eliminates that digging (into the waist) the garter does after a few hours. 

Looking at the pic of the back again, I think my backplate could use a little heat gun love on the bottom right corner....

First off Hans, I love the action shot with the Two blasters, awesome.

The only things I have to mention, I don't think willeffect your EIB submission.

1. Pan head screws for your Thermal det and paint them black.

2. Maybe the gap between the bottom of your biceps and the top of the forearms is a little to great.

The gap between your glove plates and forearms is not important.

3. Not sure if this matters at all, but the rank stripe on the ears is traditionally on the back bump or just before it, rather than the front in most of the applications I have seen.

Only minor cosmetic changes, but will make your overall look and your, no doubt future Centurion submission look better.

Looks great, and good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 1

Ah thanks! Will take note of the comments Andrew. Got the day off so Im gonna go head and adjust the elastics on the shoulders and lengthen the snaps holding the shoulder to the bicep. That should drop it round about an inch. 

Hey Hans, Loving the two gun salute  :laugh1:

Echoing what Andrew has already mentioned except for the ear bump, at EIB it doesn't matter if one is painted or which one it is. 

As for Centurion if that's where you're headed you will need to make a couple changes but no need to concern yourself with that right now.

Great build trooper, good luck  :duim:

• Like 1

Though it might not be relevant with your EIB application, the offset between the top of your abdominal and kydney plates is what i find the most bothering. I'm 5'11' tall like you and i don't have that problem, and you should neither. The issue comes from your left side rivets placement which is mostly wrong.

Here's a thread about how to properly place them:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26886-split-rivet-placement/

And a diagram i made to show you:

vwxjpr10.jpg

And if you could indeed drop down those biceps from under the shoulder bells in order to close the elbow gaps that you currently have, it would be a very good thing ;).

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

Thanks Germain!

Funny you should post that, I kept looking at how uneven my ab rivets were, so I took everything apart and raised the holes on the kidneys. Just waiting for ABS paste to dry in the old holes. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Also redone my shoulders/biceps. Waiting for the glue to dry on the elastics. Longer snaps on the inside too holding them together. 

Hopefully some updated photos tomorrow. 

Cheers again everyone!

Edited by HansDC

Teeth adjusted!   Alright, Hans. We are ready for this!! 

Thank you for your application to Expert Infantry!!! We have a lot to cover (Please don't freak out!!), so let's take a look at your armor!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

In reviewing your armor and application, all required submission photos have been posted and your armor meets all requirements to earn the Expert Infantry badge! That said, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to EIB!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section, I will summarize suggestions from myself and your fellow troopers that go toward improving the overall look of your armor. Unless specifically stated (usually directed to "Centurion" section below, these suggestions will not affect any application.

First I want to commend you on your blaster. It appears that you didn't go straight to black but stayed a gunmetal or dark gray. Nice touch. Nice upgrades, too!  ;) I do think it would benefit the awesomeness of this weapon with a little weathering and silver details around the trigger group, but that's for another day. i pointed out where I mean here:post-12041-0-79562900-1424117716_thumb.jpg

As for your armor, I would either shorten or somehow adjust some straps so that your kidney and ab plates line up at the sides. As Germain has detailed, this is throwing off the alignment of you side rivets and probably affecting your overall fit. 

I read that you have already begun some adjustments that I am eagerly awaiting to see. But for the purpose of the application, I will still need to point them out. 

You could also dab a little black paint onto those Thermal Detonator screws.

Centurion Suggestions: 

I hope that with all the details you have done so far, we will be seeing a Centurion application from you. There are a few adjustments you will need to make prior to this happening.

You have a large gap between your biceps and forearms. We are all built different. Some have a longer bicep area; some shorter. Sometimes the bicep strap works being seen across the bicep and sometimes it doesn't. I know you probably did a fair amount of work doing your bicep straps and don;t blame you if you still want to use them. I do notice, however, that your bicep straps are mounted unusually high inside the bicep. They can and should be right at the bottom lip. Try lowering them and see where they sit after that. But that gap needs to be reduced from what is showing in the full body shot.

Next are your thigh backs. I did not have the pleasure of seeing your build thread (though I looked for it) to see what exactly happened. You just mentioned that you trimmed a little too much off. This resulted in a cover strip that is 2 inches (50mm) wide. I would love to see a pic of the inside of the thigh to see if, in fact, this wide of a strip is really necessary. Hopefully, it is not and the strip can be reduced. I have negotiated in the past for wider strips to help out larger troopers as long as they were balanced with their calf closures. However, you are far from a "bigger guy". So before another ABS paste adventure or new thighs, let's see some pics to see if a solution lies there somewhere.

Here is what I was going to mention regarding your side rivets. I totally agree that your side rivets need to be aligned. But, your belt also has a severe droop in the front. The lower most rivet was never seen leading me to believe that either your belt was just THAT low, your rivets were not located correctly or both. This was my diagram before Germain ruined it with his exact diagram. In it you will see a suggested trim line at the top and the path of the belt at the bottom that would would alleviate the need to relocate your rivets:post-12041-0-88954200-1424117088_thumb.jpg

But it sounds like you are already tackling that.

I will need you to repaint the inside of the ear bars. In ANH, the black rank bar was never seen on the front; only in the rear most bars.

You will need to incorporate the kidney notch in the lower front of the kidney plate

You will need to change out your decals for hand-painted details or hand-painted style decals

I know this sounds like a lot, but with a little planning and patience, you will get there. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions.

Congrats again on your EIB.