My Doopy Doo full kit build- coming soon...

cadeus

I realize this is a little preemptive, but I just got an email this morning from Doopey Doos to let me know he had the full kits for the E-11 in stock, and so I dropped everything, sped to the site, and ordered one... :D  I just got my ATA armor in the mail last week and I am getting things together for my build.  I don't know how long it'll take to get approved, but I hope I can get things ready by Comicpalooza, in May.  So as soon as I get my blaster parts in, I will let y'all know and begin putting it together.  The reason I started this thread early was to give anyone a chance to throw some tips at me.  I have been researching things quite a bit, but you can never be too prepared...  This will be my first E-11, and my first armor, so I am uber nervous. The goal is ANH Armor, ANH blaster.  This is where the fun begins! :)  Thanks for your your support, in advance.

Read the stickied threads and plan up front an any "upgrades" you want to use. If you want electronics in the E-11, those should be planned up front as well.

Print out reference photos, think about when you want to paint parts vs. assemble them.

If you get stuck, ask in your thread here as I have learned that troopers definitely help other troopers.

Good luck with your build!

• Like 1

A lot of the build will depend on how much you want to "mod" it.  Some go for just the basic build, but you can go crazy accurate if you like, as I did.  There are MANY fantastic tutorials on here to choose from, and I would recommend checking a few out, and gleaning what you like from each.  The main 2 I used were by Dark CMF and Bulldog44, but again, there are lots that have great info. and tips, it just depends on how far you want to go with it.  After deciding on this, I would try to buy/order everything you can in advance.  That way, when you receive it, you will have your supplies in place, and can get started immediately.  Take your time, do your research, ask questions if you need, (lots of great folks on here), and most importantly, HAVE FUN!  All the best!

• Like 1

I just finished mine and am pleased with how it came out. I discovered that you don't have to do all the mods to end up with a good looking, accurate blaster. Mine 's built for trooping, so I kept it pretty stock. Having done allot of costuming with props I learned how much of a beating they take, so I didn't want to destroy my "perfect" blaster. Plus, I can let kids mess with it without worrying about it being messed up. I have purchased a demilled sterling and plan to go all out on that. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Brian

• Like 1

I am not planning to go all out.  I want to scribe some of the "joints" to give it a cleaner look, and I am going to add the scope rail, because I didn't see that the kit comes with one.  I found a tutorial and blueprints for that here.   I think I may add the extra holes in the barrel, too. I have my ATA helmet and armor to build, already, and I am anxious to get trooping.  My E-11 v2 will be a doopy doo with all the trimming, and some bells and whistles to go with it, but I am just going to keep it simple for now.  Eventually I am going to scratch-build a sterling replica out of aluminum and pimp it out, but that is down the road.  I scratch-build models, sculpt and I have a lot on my plate right now.  So I will focus on the basics now, and add the bling later.  :D  Thanks for all your comments, already.  I have been a member here for some time.  I am happy to finally be able to show off my work.  When I start my bucket, I'll post a link here, if anyone is interested.  If any of you would insist I should do anything further to this first E-11 than what I have indicated, I am open to suggestions, so long as they are not costly mods.  (I am on a budget.)  :)

That's kinda how I did mine.  The one thing I did do that was pretty quick and easy was make the trigger functional.  I also made it so the selector switch can move.  I had purchased a replacement magazine from Steve, and I'm glad I did.  It took a bit of slow grinding but was totally worth it.  Can't wait to see some pics!

Brian

That's kinda how I did mine.  The one thing I did do that was pretty quick and easy was make the trigger functional.  I also made it so the selector switch can move.  I had purchased a replacement magazine from Steve, and I'm glad I did.  It took a bit of slow grinding but was totally worth it.  Can't wait to see some pics!

Brian

I just ordered the Mag replacement... couldn't resist! :)  Steve is good people.  OH, and I saw the build with the trigger thing; very cool.  I just might have to do that.  What good is a blaster if it doesn't go "PEW-PEW" right?!?   :D  Pics, yes.  I can't wait to take some. LOL  I have the templates for the scope rail, too, so things are coming together nicely.  I would love to put some sounds in, but that is too much for this one, I think.  I wanna be able to work the Comicpalooza in May.  If I get my TK by then, it'll be a miracle, as is.  I will let y'all know when the boxes start getting here.  I am sure I'll get the mag, first, but if Doopy Doo gets me the kit sooner than 30 days that'll be sprinkles in the pudding!

PS-I know I don't have a bunch of posts under my belt, but I have been lurking and learning for over a year now.  And I have had the pleasure of working a few events as a handler, so I got my whole leg in the door at this point. I'll be a member of the Star Garrison, South Squad, I believe, when I get my TK registered with the 501st.  Lots of great people! I love it.  :D

Edited by cadeus

• 2 weeks later...

I got Steve's Mag!  (last week, actually).  been busy... I will post pics of everything when it comes in... might be a while, yet.  I contacted doopy doo for a tracking number and they responded that they were re-doing the molds and would e-mail me when the package is sent, with a tracking number... I'm not gonna gripe.  It's not how I would do business, but it's not my business, so I'll just be patient and wait enthusiastically.  gonna be a bit longer, though.  :(