TK-80874 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [TM][440]

Great build Lee, looks awesome :duim:  

Unless Steve is satisfied with the left side gap, I'd rein that in just a but more. Edit: Looking back at your connecting straps you might want to use nylon webbing instead of elastic in that area. Just a thought.

Looks beautiful though.

Good luck sir  :popcorn:

Edited by ukswrath

At last Lee has arrived! Thank you for your application to EIB for this wonderful TM build.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Although one photo is missing regarding the cod and butt plate attachment hardware, I can see the details I need to in other shots. Every other required photo has been submitted and Your armor represents all necessary elements for Expert infantry. That said, I would like to congratulate you on earning your spot on the EIB charts!!! 

NOTE: for anyone that didn't read the entire thread, Lee's original submission post has the side seams just a little too close to 1/2 inch (13 mm)  on the one side. Lee was cool enough to suit back up and make the armor give him a loving hug and re-shoot those pics. Now all is perfect.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: This section here is a place for me to summarize suggestions from myself and your fellow troopers regarding the overall appearance of your armor. These suggestions, unless specifically stated, will not affect any application.

This was just nailed from top to bottom. Little details make my socks go up and down! Your helmet contains some of the best paintwork I have seen. The slight weathering and other silver details on your blaster really make it pop. If I was forced to make any comment, it would be regarding your center ab button plate. The buttons are a little big for my taste. I have always used this as a guide:post-12041-0-61320100-1424062168_thumb.jpgThat is all I see.

Again, I am happy with your side seams. this armor fits you extremely well. I now there was another mention regarding your active drop boxes. They are pictured properly, and some a tad proud of the belt end. With the loops they wander sometimes but I can see they are positioned properly.  I bet that neckseal is nice and cool to wear! NOT!!!! 

Centurion Suggestions: 

Now that it has been established that the armor is capable of being worn with no side gaps, please make sure if you decide to apply for Centurion, that the first photos are NOT the top ones from this EIB application.

Congratulations and very well done!!!

Thank you guys!! Made it at last!! I do intend to replace the elastics at the sides and will double it over to keep them taunt and thus, the ab and kidney plates butted up long term.

Funny you say that about the ab buttons, I found them much more of a slave Leia to paint than the lid!! I do touch them up from time to time so may look into making them a tad smaller before trooping season kicks off proper here in the UK in March.

The neck seal isn't too bad. It does get hot indoors or on hot days (not that we get a whole bunch of them here) but I wear a balaclava which helps prevent too much sweating. Also, looking forward to getting out there and trooping in the new Under Armour suit as last year, I had a motorbike all-in-one undersuit which was hot. This under armour stuff is climate control type and literately like a second skin so hopefully cooler. Another major benefit is the armour moves over it a lot more freely :)

Anyways, thanks for all the wonderful comments about my armour, anyone can tell a stormtrooper but to have people that know their stuff say how good it looks is great.

Will I go Centurion? I don't know to be honest, perhaps, we'll see ;)

Many thanks guys and keep up the good work!!

Lee

Edited by lee utdk