Spacebrew's ANH Stunt Build (MTK)

Helmet pretty close to done trimmed down the ears paint and decals done installed the lens now just screen and padding adjustment 2EE17D6F-F3DB-438C-AB66-E760AD95E72D_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great progress and awesome another MTK!

My only opinion and this wouldn't affect your general approval, but is there room to taper the bottom of your thigh armor at the knees?

This would improve the overall appearance and avoid having "bell" shaped knees. If you used zap a gap, this may be too difficult to modify.

I used zap so I'm stuck with what I got plus with my short legs I needed a little room around the knees for mobility thanks toy do the input

• Like 1

I was hoping to have this done for celebration but at this point I'm running out of time. And snaps lol

• 3 weeks later...

so with celebration my sister's wedding and every thing in between the build got slowed down , but now here is the first semi complete fitting

7A351C6B-F94D-4302-A09B-5EB803D3A70F_zps

016F544D-7C1E-4912-8AD4-9A55BF84468F_zps

problem areas that i know need work are both sides of the ab and those darn shoulders

061504D8-8820-449F-A08C-492F13C1FDC0_zps

D6E41C33-4547-4732-B75B-CCF5B6C4B587_zps

You look great! See what you can do regarding getting your side seams to align better. The rear cover strips on your thighs and shins look big to me. Too big. Are they bigger than 20-25 mm in width?

You look great! See what you can do regarding getting your side seams to align better. The rear cover strips on your thighs and shins look big to me. Too big. Are they bigger than 20-25 mm in width?

Thanks rtt

Gazmosis the cover strips are 30mm. I needed the extra room for the shins to fit and maintain the 20mm front strips so I opted to make the backs larger in doing so I made the rear of the thighs 30mm as well to keep it uniform with the calf strips, is that ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks trooper Tom

I'm 5 ' 9" 190 35" waist I have. 5/8 cover strips on the arms and theyre a little tight around the biceps the ab and kidney plates I trimmed at least an inch maybe two on all sides I would think it could possibly fit a 40" waist with out shims.

Thanks ex507 I'm pretty stoked on the MTK kit. It went together easy, parts lined up well and the face plate has good detail. This kit has evolved quite well kidney has notch cutout  molded in. Biceps only have one thumb print, and it fits my short stubby frame :smiley-sw013:

Do you have any more pictures on how you did your thighs? I have the MTK as well and I'm on that portion. I'm 4 inches shorter than you so I definitely need to trim it height wise but I'm puzzled on the back. There is no ridge to go off of like there is on the front. Did you just cut a straight line on both sides and create shims as necessary?

For the thighs I glued the fronts first then with an assistant "my wife " I held the backs closed to the desired size and made a mark to trim . Now what I did and suggest you do as well is build the shins first cause the cover strips that you use on the back will dictate the size for the thighs for continuity. Also when making your hash marks for the thighs make sure that they are centered so the covers trip joint is centered with the shins. I know it sounds tough but with a helper and patience it's not bad.