Modifying Doopy Doos ANH E11 w/Hasbro Capt Wrex Blaster

dmjuel

So I bought a completed Doopy Doos ANH E11 off of Ebay that was assembled/painted and had a working trigger as well as a moving bolt. I found a Hasbro Capt Wrex Clone Wars Blaster at a garage sale and loved the sound effects (the blaster will periodically give you a ricochet noise). I decided to further modify the resin blaster with the electronic guts of the toy. I started by making room in the blaster for the components, which involved a lot of dremel work and drilling. I fried the circuit board on the toy (Red = Positive, Black = Negative...SMH) and to my dismay found that my 50 cent purchase cost about 37 bucks new. I bit the bullet and bought the new blaster. I have purchased RED LEDs ~3.4V to replace the blue ones that came stock with the toy. I am on the verge of assembling the pieces once the proper tools arrive in the mail. Hopefully the end result will be a resin blaster with decent blaster sound effects.

Couple Questions I have:

Once assembled the batteries and the majority of the cables will be in the chamber normally reserved for the spring/bolt, will this be acceptable for trooping as there will be no visible spring and likely a bunch of black wires shoved into this space? (I can try to mask them with a solid thin sheet of plastic but it is a pretty snug fit as it is)

Two part question: When it's time to repaint should I strip all previous paint and start anew or just try to touch up? If I should repaint anew what is the best method for stripping the paint? (sanding might remove the detail work on the grip)

Also I have some spaces that the dremel has broken the outer skin (I.E. I sanded to close to the edge and put a hole in the grip right where it connects to the barrel), it is not in a highly visible space so some well placed caulk should fill in the spaces before painting any preference on this? (silicone, white painters caulk, or perhaps some other substance like bondo or spackle)

I will follow up with pictures and videos later.