Ear Gap Closure Prior to Attachment - AP Helmet

I'm at the stage where I'm ready to secure the helmet sides prior to final ear piece trimming on my AP.

I was wondering, in addition to the upper screw (at the dimple, behind the circular dome), is it advisable to close the lower gap with another screw, along the top of the 'tube'?

Here's what I mean:

gap4_zpsmzjrisyo.jpg

Would it be beneficial to add another screw or rivet here?  Would it make the ear pieces easier to fit?

You can do that, just make sure you are putting your rivet where the ear will cover it.

However i don't think it will change much regarding easing the ear trimming. But i remember having harder time trimming my right ear rather than the left ear and i had such a gap, so maybe i'm wrong and it will indeed make it easier.

p4160210.jpg

AP is one of the most straight forward helmets to build. I personally wouldn't change the centerpoint of the seam since the ears can mostly be trimmed right along the ridge lines and fit very well. Regardless, take it slow and sneak up on those ridge lines. You can always trim a little more but you can't put back if you trim too much

• 2 weeks later...

After scoring and snapping the larger cutouts, I use a Dremel and large sanding drum (I'm a Dremel Jedi).   I probably made about about 20 or 30 adjustments to each ear before I got it where I wanted.   Then I went over it with three grits of sandpaper (60/150/220).