HWT Backpack build Part 1

ukswrath

I also found a metal lock box that is about the same size as the photo box. It is heavier, but it does lock. I have not tried to attach it to the pack yet.

I made a flashing led set with a kids build ur own kit, its my transmitting lights to go with the trooper chatter

Just like messing about with stuff

Glued metal box with ca glue and hot glue on inside, i cut the bottom off with a dremmal, the metal box was pkg with a watch, thin metal, works tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also found a metal lock box that is about the same size as the photo box.  It is heavier, but it does lock.  I have not tried to attach it to the pack yet.

Any chance you have a link to the metal box? (or price?) I'm also not thrilled with the idea of cardboard, so I was about to go with Styrene as well and just make one, but metal would be so much better!

• Like 2

Any chance you have a link to the metal box? (or price?) I'm also not thrilled with the idea of cardboard, so I was about to go with Styrene as well and just make one, but metal would be so much better!

Had it for years, no way of knowing, a watch came in the little box, just random item i used

I had considered styrene. I had used it in the Faculty of Architecture for the models. The only difference is that I would make a light wood frame and then cover with styrene. To reinforce the box. What is the height of the box? I read that it is 2 1/2 ", is it correct?

Below is the link.  Sorry for the delay in response, I did not see that you asked this question.

It is just slightly bigger than the photo box.

Just need to figure the best way to connect it.  I am almost thinking 2 bolts driven through to the underside of the oil pan (backpack base) with nuts.  The box does weigh a couple of pounds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006ICA8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Below is the link.  Sorry for the delay in response, I did not see that you asked this question.

It is just slightly bigger than the photo box.

Just need to figure the best way to connect it.  I am almost thinking 2 bolts driven through to the underside of the oil pan (backpack base) with nuts.  The box does weigh a couple of pounds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006ICA8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LMAO

"You purchased this item on July 22, 2012."

I own one of these.  Just have to dig it out of the closet. :)  I'll need another if I decide to use it, but at least I can check without worrying about return shipping!  They're a little heavier (weight-wise) than I was planning, IIRC, but that may not be a big deal...

• 1 month later...

Is there any reason we couldn't leave the lip on the lid of the photo box? I'm in the midst of building my own back pack and I feel it looks a lot better with the lip, especially if I then add screws to keep the two pieces together. The CRL image seems to utilize a plastic case with hinges. Am I correct to think I can then make personal aesthetic flourishes like this?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

37ca9de88c8ce5567b5ed009ee28221a.jpg

This seems to be unavailable? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Use this one

Oil Drain Pan Plastic Part No: A-B1PG77 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FSYZ764/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_NAVAyb6BKM6QB

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The Wedco Oil Pan is always doing that on Amazon, had it on my list for quite a while before I started my pack build... it'll come back though. 

I picked mine up here though cause it was cheaper even with shipping included... and it took 3 days to get to me in Washington state with standard shipping.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/wedco-12-5-qt-recycle-drain-pan/0000000036264

• 1 month later...

Crikey, its just an fb page, no need fir such comments really

Normally, I'd agree but I've seen too many instances as a GML where people read some advice on a FB group page, then apply to the 501st, find out it's not right, etc.  You may know it's not a 501st FB group, but that may not be obvious to new folk.

• Like 3