Stormtrooper Security (?)

I'm considering adding to my TK to be a TD. But when I watch Star Wars Rebels, there are Stormtroopers with pauldrons, in which they act more like security. Since Rebels is now 'canon', could I get the pauldron, ammo pouches and still be official? There is a Heavy Weapons Stormtrooper, which is based off the Star Wars Battlefront game; but I'm not really interested in wearing the backpack. Let alone 'dirtying' my armor and getting a new ab plate for TD. Could I still add the pauldron and ammo pouches and just be a TK? Because I really like the Security guard aspect on Rebels.

This is kind of a gray area as far as I'm concerned. On one hand, we only see pauldron-wearing TK's in Rebels, which on one hand would seem to indicate that this should only be approvable with a cartoon-style TK. On the other, there's no doubt that the Rebels TK's are intended to represent standard, film-style TK's, but are simply presented differently due to the distinctive art style of the show. (A New Dawn, for instance, clearly portrays film-style TK's on the cover, even though it is set before the series itself takes place.)

Ā 

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to considering accessories seen only on Rebels TK's to be possibly approvable for standard TK's, and vice versa, as they are both the same troops depicted in different media. Then again, my personal philosophy doesn't hew too closely to strict screen-accuracy, instead going for in-universe "realism"- I consider myself when I armor up to be playing a stormtrooper, not playing an actor playing a stormtrooper- hence the nicer Neoprene gloves, sturdier strapping, etc.

Ā 

Also, as an aside, licensed products and books have depicted the orange-pauldroned troopers as being Commanders, white-pauldroned troops as Sergeants- the first canonical confirmation of a TK rank system. So far, the black-pauldroned ones are depicted just as Tarkin's security detail- perhaps they're intended to represent elite troops?Ā Ā Ā 

For snowtroopers, ID's, TB's, etc. I completely agree. The issue as I see it as that cartoon-style TK's with pauldrons would almost certainly be approvable, as they've appeared in multiple sources as just a stormtrooper with a pauldron- no backpack, ammo pouches, etc. And, since they're simply a stylized depiction of a movie TK to fit the medium, for me it creates some uncertainty. The JRS, for example, has no problem allowing red-striped TI's as 181st pilots; even though the only depiction of such pilots is in a non-film medium, it's simply assumed that they represent standard movie TI's in terms of armor, etc.

Ā 

I'm not saying that pauldrons should be added to the standard TK CRL as options- merely that the status of a separate Rebels "stormtrooper commander" costume/CRL with movie TK is unclear. Ā  Ā 

Actually I (completely ignoring theĀ danger of getting kicked) would vote for TKs with a pauldron.

Ā 

It just looks so darn cool ...

Ā 

(And I don't understand the fuzz about it. If it's a non-Canon Event, everybody and his brother can wear pauldrons.)

Unless you are a Sandie,a Clone or a Gunner, I am not a fan of pauldrons.

Ā 

But,....seeing as realistic versions of animated Clones are (currently) clearable, wouldn't it be fair to also allow realistic versions of animated TKs, like the pauldron guys?

There are "Cartoon-style" TK kits being made/worked on/sold already. Ā 

I imagine that if they ever make it to their own CRL, that will be when we'll see them as an optional accessory for that TK's CRL.

On 2/5/2015 at 8:36 PM, Darth Aloha said:

------------

Ā 

It.Ā 

Never.

Gets.

Old.

Ā 

-Eric

Agreed. Also, as noted this would only fly with 'toon style armor.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

But,....seeing as realistic versions of animated Clones are (currently) clearable?

They were, they weren't, they are, and that decision may well be over-turned with the next administration. Let's see how long it lasts, as I would not bet on it staying this way unless Aimee wins again.

I would have to think not. Not without a Rebels based TK armor and bucket also.

This...yes.

Ā 

I agree. Wearing anh, esb, or rotj won't go with pauldrons why, because they weren't seen with pauldrons. That's why to me we have these distinct designations. However if you have a rebels type armor go for it

If you look for reasons to allow you to wear extra adornment you will find them eventually, and others will find reasons for you not to, in the end always someone disapproving.

Ā 

But consider that stormtroopers look good in numbers, alone it looks like one cosplayer was richer than the others. If you have other stormtroopers with you, think about the overall look in group, why do anything to stick out from the lot? Get a bounty hunter if you want to be pimped up.

Edited by Nicky

Who is making the Rebels styled armor?

I'm not actually positive as to who is making it. I remember seeing some posts back in October when it debuted, that people were working on it, but haven't seen anything about it since then.