ABS "dampers" for strapping...?

Yet another newb question...   It has been suggested that when I glue my snaps/elastic to my armor that I do NOT glue it directly to the armor itself, but that I attach it to a small piece of ABS, and then glue it on.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  Thanks! 

Can't say I've come across that before. I'd be doing heaps of research viewing the EIB and Centurion threads - they all have pictures of strapping, and of course the photo gallery for original costume pics.

You will not hurt anything by gluing elastic or webbing directly to the inside of the armor. But as Rhodie, said, if your elastic wears out and over stretches, you will need to rip it off and start again.

My build has webbing used as snap plates, and those are glues directly to my armor. No problems whatsoever.

Granted, there aren't many of them, but they've been perfectly fine.

Edited by Dark CMF

Yet another newb question...   It has been suggested that when I glue my snaps/elastic to my armor that I do NOT glue it directly to the armor itself, but that I attach it to a small piece of ABS, and then glue it on.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  Thanks!

Elastic can be directly glued to the armor. This is a very pretty popular method for the elastic & hook calf armor closure strip. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19340-tms-anh-hero-buildtm/page-2

For underside armor snaps, you should use a small piece of ABS so that you have more surface to apply the glue. The snap & ABS piece will be a much stronger bond to the armor then just with the snap piece alone.

I use webbing instead of ABS pieces to mount my snaps as I find them easier to glue onto curved areas especially. 

Also glued elastics straight onto armour - on the inside of the shoulders and the main elastic straps in the thighs. 

WGIiGD.jpg