Hero or Stunt

So I'm about to start putting together my first set of armor (thank you) and the biggest dilemma I'm facing is whether to do my helmet as "Hero" or "Stunt".

Getting my TK ID is primary right now, but I know at some point (soon) I'm going to go for my elite status, so I'm doing all I can right up front towards that, and making my helmet specific is one of those things. I read one post on here at one time that people would rather wear stunt buckets than hero... and I know people, like Ketariniii, who don't like the bubble gray lenses because they make you "feel drunk"... but I still can't decide for sure (and stay with my decision for more than 24 hours).

So... what do you all think?

Which is "better" and why?

Here's my list of pros and cons...

HERO PROS

1) Since they were the "close up" buckets, they are the helmets people "think of" when they think of Stormtroopers.

2) You don't have to cut the 4th hole on the frown.

3) You can always, and more easily, convert from a Hero to a Stunt later on.

4) The lenses don't change the color of anything... you're not living in Oz...

HERO CONS

1) The bubble lenses give you a warped view.

2) To be accurate you need to make 3 bumps, instead of the default 4, on the ear pieces.

STUNT PROS

1) The lenses don't give you a warped view.

2) They look cool.

STUNT CONS

1) The lenses make everything green tinted.

(admittedly I've not worn one with the stunt lenses... so if this isn't so please let me know)

2) They aren't the helmets people "think of".

3) You have to cut that tiny 4th hole on the frown.

Based on this, I'd do a Hero... but this is why I'm asking. Even though I have these lists in my head, and add to and take away from them everyday, I still can't stick to a decision. So why not bring a lot of other opinions into the mix to make things a bit clearer? :D

So... what do you think?

Hero... or Stunt?

Maybe start with the Stunt, that way you can troop comfortably without headaches from the lenses, then go for the Hero & have a choice.

My experience of "what ppl think is. "Oh Look it's a chap dressed up in plastic like a Stormtrooper " regardless of which lid B)

lastly, if you get into it. It might not be a matter of which Lid.... but how many Lid's are enough :o

Just my 2cent's, Poll's seam to popular!

To be fair , when i first started , i never knew there was a difference untill i visited Jez's site.

side by side the stunt always looks the the meanest out of the two.

I would always go "stunt"

You could always later on go "hero"

Thats my 2 pence worth anyway.

cheers

I like the stunt better. More than just the improved vision, the time that the hero helmet is shown on screen really isnt that long. Han and luke really dont wear them much. You actually see the stunt helmets in more scenes. The hero always looks compressed to me.

I prefer the stunt over the hero. My TE2 is a stunt, maybe down the line I might convert a stunt to a hero but that won't be for quite a while. Just my two cents.

the only think I don't like about the stunt is the bump in the right eye. It blocks part of my view. This issue will depend on how the helmet fits you. Also I don't know if the TE2 has the bump? If not then no issue. I wear AP which is a stunt helmet.

Growing up, the version I "always thought of" had flat green lenses, probably thanks to the Sandtrooper scenes. I'm probably going to do bubble lenses on a stunt build for my secondary set of armour because I'm going to do it in red, and I don't think flat or green lenses look that good with red. *heh*

--Jonah

I like the stunt better. More than just the improved vision, the time that the hero helmet is shown on screen really isnt that long. Han and luke really dont wear them much. You actually see the stunt helmets in more scenes. The hero always looks compressed to me.

i agree with all you said, well put.

I have an AP too, I went stunt as I like way more the big brow space above the eye. Lately, the Hero look has begun sinking in and I'll soon enough do an Hero build that will be for display only.

the only think I don't like about the stunt is the bump in the right eye. It blocks part of my view.

Check my armor build thread for the pictures of my AP with reduced eye bump .. it makes a huge difference IMO.

the only think I don't like about the stunt is the bump in the right eye. It blocks part of my view. This issue will depend on how the helmet fits you. Also I don't know if the TE2 has the bump? If not then no issue. I wear AP which is a stunt helmet.

My TE2 has the bump as well, doesn't bother me though.

Oh well..., this always has been an issue to me. Some days I am in love of my stunt helmet and some days I am in love of my hero helmet. I guess it is a matter of preferences. I think the hero looks more menacing, but if you ask me tomorrow I might say the opposite :lol::lol:

It is a matter of choices as I said before, just pick the one you like the best and the one it makes you happy.

Cheers

A

hero-stunt-ROTJ.jpg

Personally, I like the look of the stunt better. I even like the 'bump'. :o I kind of find it endearing for some reason....perhaps because it was one of the first odd stormie details I came to know about that the average person may not notice. Anyway, it's stunt for me :)

It's a matter of preference but for me by miiiiiiiiiles, the hero will always win.

Far more iconic (due to the Luke and Han shots) and it looks far nicer and meaner.

Smaller mouth and lower brow trim make it look wider and more menancing and also 'clean' all at the same time.

I did a costuming talk this weekend and on both days I wanted a hero on stage with me to show people the difference. i couldn't find one...?

Do a hero dude. The bubbled lenses can be made yourself. Or if you're patient you can wait for my flubble lenses to arrive on mass.

I would say a well done costume of either types beats a less quality job of either type. My for eye, I think for just a few individuals and close up the Hero looks better, with lots of folks the stunt looks better. Funny that's how it's on film as well, but maybe that's where my eye was trained.

STUNT.

It looks meaner. I love the bump, too. And, I prefer a slightly higher brow (sort of sandy-ish). I really like the hero, but it looks a bit on the kind-and-gentle side to me. The stunt looks more like a skull...like death is coming for you. MUAHAHAhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.

newcompanh1.jpg

and I should clarify my preference for ANH ^_^

congrat's :duim: it's not an easy descision to make but it's one of very mannnnnnyyy in this hobby.

Oh yeah, I've had to make plenty already, and even had to rethink and redo some things in the last week. Finally wearing the armor around (which I'm doing every day to "test" it) reveals plenty that needs to be changed or fixed or whatever... which always forces you to make another decision. You really have to think things out though... taking your time and doing it right is sooo much better than wishing you had!

well, here I must be on my own in this. I choose to do a hero and REFUSE to put in bubble lenses. I'd have to call mine a hybrid. I use stunt lenses and a hero frown. I like the "kind-and-gentle" side of it also. Mine was based off of Luke's bucket with no white showing above the eyes but there is no way I can walk around and not see clearly. I have great vision and I am not screwing that up for anything. :)

If you want Elite status, make the one you need, then wear the one you love. If that is the Stunt, you're all set for only needing one bucket. I will make a second with bubble lenses when I decide to go elite. I want to finish losing weight so I don't have to add any material between my ab and kidney piece. Which means I will have to remake my belt and make a second blaster to put the counter box and tubes thing on it. I left those off of my current one.

TK4251 gallery

Actually the Elite isn't meant to say that you must troop that way. Just like on MEPD where you need all the elements to get the status, but it's not uncommon to ditch the pack under certain circumstances, or walk around with an E-11 at times instead of a BFG.

You can always use velcro to secure the lenses of a hero bucket. Put in bubbles for Elite quals and times when you're just doing a photo op or other occasion where you're not moving around much, swap in flat gray for everything else. As long as you can go back to bubble (e.g. if there was ever an Elite roll call) easily, you're good to go IMHO.

Or, have more than one bucket (can you really have too many anyway) B)

helmet3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

HA HA.... notice the Hero is missing his left aerator?

Oh well..., this always has been an issue to me. Some days I am in love of my stunt helmet and some days I am in love of my hero helmet. I guess it is a matter of preferences. I think the hero looks more menacing, but if you ask me tomorrow I might say the opposite :lol::lol:

It is a matter of choices as I said before, just pick the one you like the best and the one it makes you happy.

Cheers

A

hero-stunt-ROTJ.jpg