Android app for helmet audio. Development thread.

This is a very promising project. Maybe use it on an older phone and hook up a headset...velcro the phone to your chest plate. 

Also, if you need anyone to design artwork for your logo or interface, hit me up. This is a great project

Edited by Nacho

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to see the next evolution.  Don't give up on the project, you have thousands of troopers rooting for you.

Oh, I am certainly not giving up on this.

I am just prioritizing the construction of my armor first. :-)

The app basically works as it is now.

The most important thing that certainly could be better is getting the voice manipulation just right...

Edited by LordNikon

The most important thing that certainly could be better is getting the voice manipulation just right...

It's the hard part isn't it, testing it on your own voice is also a nightmare.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small suggestion, would it be possible to have a slider/some way of setting the volume of the static burst, so that folks can adjust it to suit their own personal setup?

Have made up a splitter cable, and will have more of a play with this on a troop this weekend.  Will be much easier than my current "pair of walkie talkies" setup :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing around with this and been pretty excited so far, except that it comes out my speakers extremely quietly.  I've made a phone call with the same setup with no problems.  However, if I make a phone call with troop talk enabled, my voice (and the beautiful static clicks) comes through loud and clear for both the other phone and my speakers.  Has anyone else run into this?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing around with this and been pretty excited so far, except that it comes out my speakers extremely quietly. I've made a phone call with the same setup with no problems. However, if I make a phone call with troop talk enabled, my voice (and the beautiful static clicks) comes through loud and clear for both the other phone and my speakers. Has anyone else run into this?

Hahahaha!

• 4 months later...