eFX Hero Helmet Mods

sterntrooper

Hello all:

Yes I am new, so please be gentle.  :icon_beg: 

I purchased an eFX bucket a few months ago, which got me into the whole idea of actually building an entire stormtrooper costume.  I had never heard of FISD at the time and I'm kind stuck with this lid... for now at least.  So, while I wait for my armour to arrive (hopefully in a month or so), I decided to try and modify my eFX helmet so it will at least pass for level 1 entry into the 501st as a "hero" helmet.

Here's what I did:

• Added two screws to the ears in order to be a bit more accurate;
  • Replaced the green lenses with darker smoke grey lenses; (I tried putting in bubble lenses but one broke, so I settled on this)
  • Filled the seam with caulk to make it less visible and smooth it out. (not sure if what I did is good enough)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks 

post-22006-0-37807500-1422661043_thumb.jpg

post-22006-0-84788000-1422661048_thumb.jpg

Hero's have 3 bump ears.  It would be easier to buy a hero kit and build it.  Your not really stuck with this lid, you could sell it on the bay :)

Yes, I am definitely going to buy the T/MC helmet, but probably not for a while.  Was hoping this would pass in the meantime as the number of bumps don't seem to be a consideration in the 501st CRL level 1 hero helmet.

Efx is fine. Fx is not.

This is an accurate statement as of late October 2014, the eFX does however, require some modifications.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29036-mrce-efx-helmet-no-longer-acceptable/?view=findpost&p=369152&hl=%2Befx

• Like 1

I happened to work on doing this to mine today too. I'm opening up the mouth holes to be from the top of the middle tooth all the way down to pretty near the seam. I took a bit too much off for the concave tooth's shape and ended up with a ) ( -shaped hole in my front right tooth, so just be careful and it'll look better. I'm taking all 6 mouth holes down to the seam, eventually. I have one set of green bubbles from FenixProps that (I think might be for FX originally, but coincidentally) fit well in eFX and still look dark with a head in the bucket. I could even drill you holes so they'd fit right in with the same screws and little plastic bracket things. PM me if ya want 'em, bud. I'm too scared to do anything to my eFX's ears yet. Good to hear its cool to have 4 bumps.

• Like 1