HWT Special Forces?

Templar726

I'm a few ammo puches away from submitting to my Garrison for HWT status. I was wondering if their is a special group our squad for the SHOCK TROOPERS? We do look pretty dang cool and I am sure we could have some awesome swag focusing on our BFG's. Is there already something out there? If so let me know if not once I am officialy cleared and designated we could work on something. We are after all the Big Guns with clean armor.

We had a hard enough time getting everyone to agree on the Fire Teams, I'm not sure if another subgroup would work.  The HWT is included in the Fire Team charter, but I see what you are asking.

We had a hard enough time getting everyone to agree on the Fire Teams, I'm not sure if another subgroup would work.  The HWT is included in the Fire Team charter, but I see what you are asking.

Thanks sir.

I will troop with my Fireteam and down the road come up with some Fireteam Shocktroper swag that fits within my Fireteams goals.

I'm about to submit my HWT EIB, I'll have to keep an eye on this post.

HWT swag of some sort would be cool unfortunately there's too few of us Charles, that may be prob, no impossible.  

Edited by ukswrath

Looking forward to seeing your kit. I am getting ready to strap my main pack. Got any advice on how to attach the straps? I am getting the rest of the kit from the awesome Quartermaster but wanted to go ahead and strap up the base. I am asking all the HWT's I know of, all two of you! Haha

Looking forward to seeing your kit. I am getting ready to strap my main pack. Got any advice on how to attach the straps? I am getting the rest of the kit from the awesome Quartermaster but wanted to go ahead and strap up the base. I am asking all the HWT's I know of, all two of you! Haha

Here's a sample 

IMG_3539.jpg

I don't believe I said t was optional.

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless it is an official troop where it IS required, you don't always have to wear it. I've talked with plenty of troopers that wear their packs for a bit then take them off for a duration.  

Edited by ukswrath

Sandtroopers there are at least one without a pack in ANH. But there are no HWT without pack in the game it's based on. Sure, you can make a deal with your local garrison and or EC. But it's not really fair to say that it's universally optional (which is what it is when you say it's not mandatory).

Bottom line it's NOT mandatory for you to wear it, unless your asked to do a special event where the requester asks HWT to wear their pack

Secondly, how will the event requester know in advance that you and your buddy will be HWT's and do they know the difference? You're leaving a lot of responsibility on the requester in order to create a void of uncertainty where it could be interpreted as an ability to troop as a mix-n-match of costume parts.

Sandtroopers there are at least one without a pack in ANH. But there are no HWT without pack in the game it's based on. Sure, you can make a deal with your local garrison and or EC. But it's not really fair to say that it's universally optional (which is what it is when you say it's not mandatory).

Secondly, how will the event requester know in advance that you and your buddy will be HWT's and do they know the difference? You're leaving a lot of responsibility on the requester in order to create a void of uncertainty where it could be interpreted as an ability to troop as a mix-n-match of costume parts.

Noted!

• 1 month later...

Question guys. When I applied for HWT with my Garrison the GML said my pack did not meet the main picture of the trooper in the CRL. I explained that the new pack is down in the details section and after looking at that pack he approved my pack. Are you guys planning on changing that picture? I think the top pack is all Sandy Pack. You have a couple of Centurion HWT's with some good application shots to choose from.

I'd suggest just creating another fire team if you had enough HWT's to troop with locally, and your current fire team wanted to stick to clean TK's only.

I'd suggest just creating another fire team if you had enough HWT's to troop with locally, and your current fire team wanted to stick to clean TK's only.

That would be cool, too bad we all don't live in the same areas and sadly there's just not many HWTs. I'm trying to change that. 

Well, I'm hoping with the upcoming release of the new Battlefront game there'll be a resurgence of the HWT. 

There's a few people building armor to HWT requirements as we speak. Would love to see a ton of EIs and Centurions. There's only 2 HWT Centurions people, the checkered flag is waving :salute:    

Still have my pack, pauldron, pouch, and even the min-mag launcher. I won't be able to go EI with you guys though, as it's not worth it to me to swap out my pack, and mine is my old TD pack.

• Like 1

Still have my pack, pauldron, pouch, and even the min-mag launcher. I won't be able to go EI with you guys though, as it's not worth it to me to swap out my pack, and mine is my old TD pack.

Paul you can do it brother. Most of us built the new packs in a weekend for under $100, you can do it. Join the force  :salute:  ;)

• Like 2

So, does that mean you are volunteering to make a good tutorial with parts breakdown? ;-)

You ask and you shall receive :D  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30034-hwt-backpack-build-part-1/

FYI, there's a couple builds out there that differ slightly, but overall they look similar.

Paul, if you (or anyone) are looking for the 2 basic parts in Tony's pack build, (Wedco oil pan and Pop-It containers) just let me know.  For some reason, Amazon charged me twice when I ordered mine, (but did sent me 2 sets).  I was going to return the second set, but haven't had the time.  It cost me about $42.00 with shipping, but I will set someone up for $30.00 (including postage in the continental US) if it helps add another HWT to the ranks!  PM me if interested, and I will get it out the next day via UPS.

• Like 1