• 41-49
    • 50-59
    • 60+

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

turning 28 in october... though I look older in the mornings, especially after a after-troop-party ;)

about 1 1/2 years left until I'll jump right into my midlife-crisis *heehee*

41 going on 21! Seems like yesterday I saw Star Wars opening day (but then I look around and see my Farrah Fawcett-Majors poster is yellowed, my wacky package stickers show items no longer made and my bottle of "Hai" Karate after shave lotion has dried out :D !)

......arrh 1977, the Odeon Leicester Sq, the day after the premier, first public showing

......the music starts, and the opening titles start moving up that screen....great big grin and

goose bumps knowing that this was going to be something special......

Boy!!, it seems like yesterday :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I'm 38. I feel as good as and look better (physique-wise) than most men in their early-20s, but with a lot more disposable income :D, and a lot less free time to enjoy it. :(

Like most of us above a certain age, I saw ANH in the theater in '77 and my life hasn't been the same since!

I am 42. I still remember having to queue for over 5 hours on a Sunday morning at the Romford Odeon to see it. Never queued as long for anything else in my life! Think that was 1978, as it opened in central London around Christmas 1977.

I am 42. I still remember having to queue for over 5 hours on a Sunday morning at the Romford Odeon to see it. Never queued as long for anything else in my life! Think that was 1978, as it opened in central London around Christmas 1977.

David

'Romford Odeon' :D

Great to see some close to home land marks popping up on the FISD. :)

• 2 weeks later...