Sound for your Resin E-11 kit

Brian, I searched the internet and found a number of sites with Star Wars .wav files. I just picked the cleanest four I found. Even if you find some that are okay, you can replace them very easily.

Joseph... Had it been left to me to do on my own, I'd have probably spliced them, taped them, and then shrink tubed them. Seriously. Not the "proper" way. However, my mother in law lives with us, and she retired about two months ago after doing electronics repair for 20+ years, so I had cheat help. LoL. As a result though, my pictures are a bit lacking, but I'll make up for that. I promise.

I've still got to bind the wire bundle, and mount everything, but the wires are long enough to reach my bicep armor now.

I got it - really fast ! - and it works very well, with the sound at maximum. It will be placed on the forearm, and each button will be placed in the palm of the hand, one under each finger.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am really interested in this but I want it in the blaster. Might have to do some creative thinking before I trigger a set.

But this is a great how-to! Thanks!

• Like 1

Whoa ( que keanu) 

mind blown...quick question..does your hand/glove warm up during use? great video and love the reference pics using the $5 dollar bills smart...im totally getting one!!!!

• Like 1

Im going to have go get one of these now with my doopy doo resin on the way. Perhaps ill have to bug TuskenRTT about it and see if we can wire his up first before i pull the trigger? Lol. I do have some silk glove liners i can attempt to sew on, but likely the cotton liners would work better

• Like 1

The unit only fires when I push a button. No heat or anything. Humidity kills it. After a troop sounding like a chipmunk I moved the board to my arm and it hasnt happened since. Works in minus 20 to plus 30.

• Like 1

Whoa ( que keanu) 

mind blown...quick question..does your hand/glove warm up during use? great video and love the reference pics using the $5 dollar bills smart...im totally getting one!!!!

There were no heat issues at all. What I wound up doing was picking up some batting gloves at a local sporting goods store, and I used black duct tape to get everything in place, and Velcro for the board and the battery box. The board and battery box are located in my bicep, and the wiring runs down to my hand. That glove is the issue. Because I used duct tape, it is very bulky and restricts my movement a little bit. I've used it for three troops, and I will say that it was effective and loud enough in the quieter environments, but in a Comic-Con setting where everything was loud, it wasn't quite enough to have major impact.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to mount it better. Someone mentioned E6000, and that might be a decent idea actually. More to follow as I get back to working on it. Right now, I'm all about those Centurion modifications! :D

Had to order 2, one for me and one for daughters snowy.

Was thinking about this last night and I've decided to try and fix the pads (probably via velcro) to an elastic cotton work glove and bring the board out of the top.  If I then make a hole in my rubber ESB glove I can hopefully mount board and speaker under the hand guard as it's much more domed than the ANH handguard.

Of course this means wearing two gloves on one hand but could work.  Will have to have a play when it gets here.

:)

• Like 1

Well, both units have arrived in the UK this morning, and even better didn't attract the £6 customs charge I was anticipating.

Sadly I'm far too ill and coughing up a lung to have a play with them at present :(

A nice thing about this stuff Jane, is that once it arrives, it will then wait for you. Best of luck, hope you're feeling better soonest!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's taken me this long to get back to it, but I have a solution!

Thimbles.

Not regular metal ones, but the rubber ones used for counting money and paper etc.  I have a friend who is a printer, he gave me a box to play about with.  I velcroed the buttons to the thimbles then sewed the thimbles into the end of the gloves.  The wires can twist a little so you do need to be careful putting them on but it works well!

• Like 1

I suspect it might work better still in a rubber glove (mine are ESB silk).  I've asked him for a couple more boxes and I'll carry on playing.  Need to sew them into snowy gloves as well :)

That is a fantastic idea!!! Ive got some cotton glove liners on the way, i have silk liners BUT they get absolutely drenched under my glove(the ones i have are super thin).

Thank you all for this awesome idea! Ive had trouble sleeping trying to think of the "perfect" combo of sounds lol. I think ive reprogrammed 3 times in 2 days already. Will definitely be bringing my laptop for con season, that way i can swap sounds out. This won't bode too well with normal troops(the sound swapping that is), but for cons i think it will serve it well!

I'm considering setting a static burst to one button.  Can't afford an iComm at present so a manual press after speaking could be a poor (wo)mans alternative :D

• Like 2

Word of advice, these rubber thimbles DO come in sizes. For us men, we will likely have to order them online as Office Depot and Staples only carry size SM and MED.

Heeeey now! Lol. I may even consider just sewing the board onto the rubber finger tip itself, and not even worry about a liner, at least when i use my nomex flight gloves with the triggers.

hopefully tonight i will get to sewing at least one of the trigger boards onto one of the thimbles, and give it a test run fitting wise. My size L and XL thimbles should be ready for pick up later today. So the experimenting shall commence!

Ill be sure to post back here to share my results in multiple gloves!

• Like 1

Ok so trying the thimble idea.

I sewed one of the trigger board directly onto the thimble to begin test fitting in multiple gloves.

I wanted to sew onto the thimble instead of having it sewn onto the glove liner to try to make putting these on as painless as possible.

The result, the "thimble trigger" widened my finger tips just a tad bit too much to where you could definitely tell something was under my glove(could see the outline of the trigger).

When i placed them inside my rubber chemical gloves, it was not as noticeable at all, but that was also without wearing a glove liner as well. Also putting them on was kind of a pain as it was rubber moving past rubber and it tended to get caught at times.

So, next up, ill try sewing the trigger boards directly to the glove liner to keep putting them on a little bit easier and also to keep the "finger bulge" down to a minimal.

I inspected the board that the trigger sits on to see if there was a way for me to extend just the button itself, but it just doesn't seem possible.