Boot & Calf Armor Issue

After a couple of trial troops in my armor, a constant problem has cropped up with my boots and calf armor.  My boots are converted BASS black leather.  I refinished them myself and they are about 2 inches shorter than TK boots.  With my tall frame, my calf armor is constantly moving up and riding up on top of the boots instead over over them.  Any recommendations on strap or another method to hold both the boots and armor in place.  My local CO & I talked about a Velcro or magnet system inside the boot to attach to the armor with a length of nylon.  Before I started work on such a system, I wanted to see what the board thinks.  

I stand over 6'5" in my costume and you can see in this picture the armor riding up high over the back of leather of the boot.  If adjusted and I do not move, it is not an issue.  Only when I walk around.  Still I need to get this issue corrected.  

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I have a loop of elastic from the boot up inside the shin and then it's snapped in place, works well

I did both (same shoes as you), the elastic 'stirrups' attached to the shin bottoms and put velcro on the tops of the shoes and bottoms of the shins.  Helped to stop it about 80% of the time, but I still get the occasional popping out.  I was going to heat bend out the bottoms, but I saw someone mentioned this could give you the 'disco' look of bell bottoms! 

I am ordering some TK boots to really fix the problem. 

I put velcro on the inside bottom of the shins, and on the front and back of the boots.  It stays in place, except when I force a lot.  The only downside is the noise !  When I walk : crounch crounch crounch ...  I hate it !  I'm thinking to try using snaps and nylon straps (or elastics, not sure) that goes under my feet so it's my feet that keep the shins from popping.

Edited by Spycee