ATA Bucket Paint Removal

Sorry! A good typist I am not. It is supposed to be "any" mineral spirits thinner. You can use any soft cloth. Just use new areas of your rag so you aren't spreading paint all over making a mess

Ah, gotcha! Thanks! Is there any chemical I should be watching out for? I've read multiple threads concerning paint thinner and some can cause damage to the helmets because of what they're composed of.

Absolutely no ACETONE !

The mineral spirits will do everything you need it to. It will remove large areas, small areas, whatever. But you want to stay in control so you don't get paint all over everything. Small areas at a time until you achieve what you want

I know I'm a little late here but I had to remove and repaint some parts of my helmet and I was told, and used Easy Off Oven cleaner.  it needed to stay on for a little while but is was easy to remove and I haven't had any ill effects on the helmet.  I hope this helps.

Good point on the Easy Off, Kelly!  As a plastic model builder, Easy Off is our go-to for getting paint off old styrene model bodies. Spray it on, let it soak and use a toothbrush to rube it off.  Repeat as needed until it all comes off.

I can attest to the use of mineral turpentine.

I had bad paint bleed on the frown as I taped the surrounding area, the toothpick and turps worked perfectly and was easy enough, it just took a little time as I had quite a few bleeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk